Allowing the NA for Use Rights on the Submission Form

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

REason

Allowing the NA for Use Rights on the Submission Form

Post by REason »

I thought that I should bring this to someone's attention.

I would really like to be able to put a zero in the field for not enabling the use rights. Currently, if you put a zero it's free; however, just above that the submission form states in red that you are not accepting free content.

I really don't want use rights to be free. I would like them to be not applicable. Right now I have to put in the same dollar amount as the other rights to work around this.

The other issue is if you leave this field blank the form validation will catch it and state that you specify. Well, that part is good; however, the form nearly goes blank after the validation fails. I believe that only 1 field stays filled in. I am sad to say that because of this trial and error process of the use field, I had an article rejected due to a comma that I left out of the short summary. I have now fine tuned my process for entering the submission form since I had to fill out the form multiple times to figure out what value to put in the use field.

I realize that I'm probably the only author who doesn't want to sell use rights anymore. But I thought that I would bring it to someones attention.
Thanks for all the great work everyone does at CC. Admin does such a great job on programming I'm sure he's up to the task!
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I just put my full rights price in all the fields. It's really not an issue for me. If someone wants to buy it for usage at my full rights price that's fine with me, I can sell it again :lol: . Though that's not likely, they'll buy the full rights.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Celeste pretty much nailed it, if you don't want to sell usage just put them same price and don't really give them an option.