Hiding public requests

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

walliver

Hiding public requests

Post by walliver »

Hello,

Newbie here - apologies if this has been covered but I've done a few searches for on the topic and I can't find any related threads.

Basically, I was wondering if there was a way to hide public requests from showing up. When I log on I generally look at this list to see if there's anything I think I could do. There will be some that I instantly dismiss because I know nothing of the subject while others I won't be interested in because of the pay. Of course, the next time I log in to see the list of public requests these same articles are still here even though I have no intention of bidding on them. If there was a way that I could stop them showing up on my list time and time again that would be great.
nichewriter

Re: Hiding public requests

Post by nichewriter »

Unfortunately, there's no way to hide the public request as you've described. If buyers have set an expiration date on their requests or if they manually close their requests, they shouldn't appear on the requests page anymore.
Antonia

Re: Hiding public requests

Post by Antonia »

There IS, however, a way to fake this functionality. It's a bit of a clumsy workaround but it does give you complete control over which requests you see.

- Set up your account to receive email alerts every time requests are posted.
- If you don't want to clutter up your inbox, have the emails skip the inbox and automatically go into a folder.
- When you check the requests in your email, you can delete the ones you're not interested in right away. You're left with a tidy list of requests to write for at your leisure.

In the old days there was a delay with the email alerts but I believe they're instant now, so you don't need to worry about missing anything. You also avoid having to log into CC. I would just be careful to double-check that the request is still active before writing.