My "sold" list is incorrect

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

FivetoNine

My "sold" list is incorrect

Post by FivetoNine »

Hi there -

I just took a look at my 'sold' articles list and I have three sold. But when I use the sort feature, it only brings up 2 of them, one that was recently sold and one that was sold a few months ago. The third one is missing. It's not like I have tons of articles :D , but I'd like the list to be accurate. Can anyone help solve this mystery?
aprilk10

Re: My "sold" list is incorrect

Post by aprilk10 »

I just checked mine to see if my hunch was right. I think it was, if this is what you are talking about...When I go to "My Content" page and sort by "sold," it only shows the ones that have sold for full rights. Those that have sold for usage rights don't show up. I am guessing because they are still available for sale. They show up under "view." Is the one not showing on yours one that sold for usage?
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

FivetoNine: Just looked at your author page and saw that one article sold for usage, so I am guessing this is the case. Incidentally, I noticed that the article is the one on buying wedding dresses. My wedding dress article also sold for usage. Out of curiosity, I once in a while search for my sold articles. Yesterday, I found this article posted on a website, but my byline is not used. Yours is on this same site. Not sure what, if anything, should be done about that. Granted, we can still continue to sell the articles for usage...but the buyer is obviously not adhering to the terms. Not sure if I should contact support on this?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Go ahead and let support know. CC can contact the customer and educate him about the license types. Who knows, maybe the customer really wants full rights? He might upgrade. Either way, it's in the customer's best interest as well to learn what each license type really means.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Thanks Celeste! I just sent support a message via the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page (I hope this is the best way to do that?). FivetoNine, I let them know that your article was on there as well.
FivetoNine

Post by FivetoNine »

Thanks, guys -- didn't even think of that. And thanks for contacting Support. Am curious as to what the outcome will be.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Been 3 days...no response from support yet.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

It's only been 1 business day. You can't count the weekend! :)
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

oops...keep forgetting that! I actually had an article I submitted Saturday approved on Sunday! :-)
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Yeah, I've had the same thing happen--I suspect they do work weekends when they have to, but we can't take it for granted! Anyway hopefully Support will get back to you soon about the improper usage...often it's just a misunderstanding on the part of the customer and is easily cleared up. Fingers crossed...