Summary Preview & Notes to the Editor

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Wendi_Friend

Summary Preview & Notes to the Editor

Post by Wendi_Friend »

After submitting my first piece, I became aware that the summary was formatted incorrectly due to the cut and paste process. On my end, it looked fine, but when I sent it, the text was broken. A simple "preview" feature could prevent incorrect formatting in summaries.

In another thread on the forum, in regard to selling usage rights for previous articles, a question was brought forth about previously published works triggering copyright flags. In reply, it was suggested that the author make a note of this to the editors when submitting. However, I notice there is no "notes to the editor" box on the submission form.

In short: Beneficial features, in my opinion, would be a preview option for the summaries in the submission process, and a box for notes to the editor.

Thanks for allowing me to share my ideas.

Wendi
Ed

Post by Ed »

I love the idea of having a box for notes to the editor.

If you are still having problems with formatting issues in the long summary that are beyond your control, I can change it upon aproval.

Thanks,
Ed
Wendi_Friend

Thanks, Ed

Post by Wendi_Friend »

Thank you, Ed. I'm glad the idea was well received. As for the summary formatting, I resubmitted again March 1, and as far as I can tell, it looked okay.

Once again, thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Have a great day,

Wendi
telyni

Post by telyni »

I agree that a notes to the editor box would be nice. I've seen a few articles posted to the site that did not have editor notes removed from the summary, and it looked somewhat odd, honestly. If the notes were in a separate box, then the software could make sure that they were not published with the submission.

~Reiko
Ed

Post by Ed »

We make decisions based on the contents of the notes. Some provide information that might be useful to a potential customer. Others are for private requests and have been added at the request of the buyer.

Ed
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Notes to the editor is a great idea... added to the list :)