Affiliate Link Question

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

catnipp333

Affiliate Link Question

Post by catnipp333 »

Is there any way you can make the "author referring link" work for BOTH author affiliates or buyer affiliates??

This way it would not matter if they person who used your link was an author OR a buyer -- you would get 5% of all sales from the author you referred OR you would get 20% of all purchases from the buyer you referred.

This would make it VERY easy to use & place. This way we could put the link anywhere,everywhere & get credit for sending people to the site. I have links in my emails, on my company page, and also on my personal page, but right now I will NOT get any credit UNLESS they become writers -- if they use my link and then make purchases at the current process I will not get ANY credit for buyers. I guess CC is getting my 20%.

Is this something that you could do?

THANKS -- just a thought! I know you guys have been working on the affiliate buyer link since the end of last year when I first tried to sign up for it & am wondering how it was going?

Catnipp333
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Not at this time but it should be coming.
Megan

Post by Megan »

Any update on if we will see this in the near future? I hate using two separate links ... and I worry about whether someone who might click the buyers affiliate link might decide that they'd rather sign up as an author.
constant-content
Site Admin

It will be a while before this is implemented if it is, we are rethinking the entire non-author affiliate program.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I'd love to see that disappear. Somebody, somewhere, who I have no idea who they are is making big bucks off of my work. I found CC by searching for writing-related websites and clicked through someone's link. While I'm appreciative that I found CC, this person or entity is getting 20% for a one time click through. Whoever this person is has earned thousands from my sales alone. I'd love to keep a larger portion of my earnings or see it put to other uses to build up the CC clientele.
constant-content
Site Admin

I think you misunderstand...let me try to explain.

The author referral link (that you are most likely seeing) is just for new writers. When a new writer signs up through your referral link you get 5% of everyone of that writers sales. Now if you are already a member the link does nothing.

Now affiliates (which we don't have many of) just promote the site... they try to find customers. If a NEW customer comes to constant content through this affiliate link (not author affiliate link) that customer is linked to them. Think of it as a bunch of sales people working for Constant Content, if a sales person brings a customer to the site and they buy 10 articles they would get 20% of that sale. The writer would get the same (65%) but CC would get less.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Makes sense. Got it! I don't mind you guys getting the money - I thought someone else was getting the bulk of it and you were getting a smaller cut.
constant-content
Site Admin

that is true, they are getting more... but they are brining customers in, we have to keep the writers happy :)

Some times this works better then paying a fortune to advertise on sites like these:
http://www.seroundtable.com/
http://www.shoemoney.com/

When an affiliate sells an article we only get 10%... if a another writer referred that writer we only get 5%. Just barley enough to pay for the credit card fees.
telzzz

Post by telzzz »

Now I wish I'd never seen this post... It cleared up some things which then became muddy again...
When a new writer signs up through your referral link you get 5% of everyone of that writers sales. Now if you are already a member the link does nothing.
That lost me. I thought you had to be a member (by member I assume author) to have an author referral link in the first place.

In my "affiliates page" I can see 7 referred authors (although one of them looks like they signed up twice) that have signed up through my referral link. Unfortunately (for me) none of them has earned a bean - at least that's what the "affiliates page" tells me. I just assume that's because they've either submitted nothing, or their content simply hasn't sold (yet). I would hate to think that my being a member negates any commission I would get for advertising for new writers through my sites.

Even more muddy...
When an affiliate sells an article we only get 10%... if a another writer referred that writer we only get 5%.
Now maybe my math is out or I'm not understanding something here but:

CC set aside 35% of the price of an item. That's broken down into 20% for affiliate sales, 5% for an author referral leaving CC with 10% in the worst possible scenario.

That would mean that an item was sold where there was an affiliate but no writer referral, CC would get 15%

Better if the item was sold where no affiliate was involved but the writer was referred by another writer, then CC would get 30%

Best is when there is no affiliate or referral, then CC gets 35%.

Of course I don't really mind how that goes, but I'd also rather see the money go in CC's pocket for giving us the opportunity to do what we do!
catnipp333

Post by catnipp333 »

I was just wondering if any progress has made on the "buyer affiliate link" for us (authors)? or is it something not being considered still?

I occasionally apply for writing jobs outside of CC & would love to direct the company I am interested in to my portfolio of articles on here. I do not since if they find CC - why would they hire me???? I would NOT mind at all if they bought 100s of articles from any author, IF I would get a cut, you know?

I have not seen any talk about this type of link for awhile & still wonder if you can make a link for us (authors) to use that would either be for future authors OR/AND buyers????

THANKS!!!!

Catnipp333