Canadian Interac payments

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

skylang

Canadian Interac payments

Post by skylang »

Since CC is in Canada, can you make payments to Canadian authors by online Interac? Most banks in Canada offer this at little or no cost, and the money transfer is instant. Much less expensive than PayPal or wire transfer, and simpler as well.
nichewriter

Re: Canadian Interac payments

Post by nichewriter »

CC uses Paypal Mass Pay so Paypal doesn't take any fees when CC sends payments to writers. So if you make $100, you'll get all $100 to your Paypal account. Can't get less expensive than that.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

It could be different to Canadians though? I don't know, but it's possible that PayPal has different systems and fees for different countries.
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Celeste Stewart wrote:It could be different to Canadians though? I don't know, but it's possible that PayPal has different systems and fees for different countries.
Yeah, I thought of that after I posted my reply... :D I've used Mass Pay before to send a payment to someone in another country (not Canada) and he received the full amount to his Paypal account, although he had to pay a transaction fee when he had to transfer the money to his bank account so he can withdraw it. Now I wonder how Paypal works for our Canadian friends!
Amy W

Post by Amy W »

I'm Canadian, and I don't have to pay any fees for PayPal. And as long as I'm transferring more than $100, I don't pay to transfer that money to my bank, either. Maybe it's the type of account you're using, skylang? I think I have a Premium account with paypal.ca.
Zabrina

Post by Zabrina »

Yep, I'm transaction fee-free, too. :) Transferring to my bank account is free if it's over $150, so I just wait until I have that much before transferring. The only big difference I've found between myself and my American writer friends is how long it takes to transfer money to and from my bank account. :(
Amy W

Post by Amy W »

Zabrina, I think that all depends on what bank you're with. PayPal says it takes 5-7 business days for the money to show up in your account, but with my bank - Scotiabank - it's more like 3 days, which isn't too bad. Unless you only wait 2 days for your money to transfer, then I'm switching my account to your bank :wink:
dmgray

Post by dmgray »

Not sure how it works in the UK. This next payment will be my first, so I will have to wait and see. I seem to remember that PayPal may charge a transaction fee, but I could be wrong.
JoyRCalderwood

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

:roll:
Last edited by JoyRCalderwood on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jak

Post by jak »

[quote]Not sure how it works in the UK. This next payment will be my first, so I will have to wait and see. I seem to remember that PayPal may charge a transaction fee, but I could be wrong.[/quote]

I'm in the UK. Paypal no longer charge me any transaction fees for payments from CC.