What can I do to change my name ?

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

LucIan

What can I do to change my name ?

Post by LucIan »

Hello !

I sent two requests for changing my pen name, so that it can match the one I use in other content sites and I can publish those articles here. One of the requests was sent more than three weeks ago and another one two weeks ago. Still, I got no answer.

What should I do ?
aprilk10

Re: What can I do to change my name ?

Post by aprilk10 »

LucIan,
Did you submit the request through the "Edit Account" tab on the left hand screen near the bottom of the list? There, you are able to change your pen name, address, etc. If you did this, I guess all you can do is wait or contact support directly.
4rumid

Post by 4rumid »

You can't actually change your own pen name here; the request has to go through support. I changed mine early on and had no problem. Maybe support is swamped?
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Over the past month or so I have emailed suppoprt about various things and never received a response. Before that they were very quick to respond. I wonder if some of our emails are being lost/diverted/spam-listed? Ire-wish that support would institute an helpdesk ticketing system so we at least know the email was received. Even a little checkbox on the contact form that CCd our email to us would be helpful.

Always asking!
Debbi
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Debbi,

You don't actually have to change your pen name. Put a note in the short description for Ed. I've always published under my own name, but you can sell those other articles under different names here as long as you can show then you actually own them.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Actually, our FAQ indicates that the name on the original document must match the person's pen name or real name. Information about the previous instance of the publication may not appear in the short summary.

I submitted an article to sell for usage rights only. My articles was rejected for originality, but I am the original author of the content.
We can only accept articles that are able to be verified as original to the author. If you choose to submit content published elsewhere by you, please submit articles that are clearly credited to you with your name or the pen name you use on Constant Content. Articles that cannot be verified as original to the author cannot be accepted. If there is no name on the original publication, if the article is credited with a name that does not match your given or chosen name, or if the author's name is not easily located on the page of original publication, the article will be rejected. Do not include location of previous publication anywhere in your submission. Please note: When you submit an article that has been published elsewhere, you may ask usage rights ONLY for the article.