suggestion for public request area

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Mary Stone

suggestion for public request area

Post by Mary Stone »

IMOThere should be link in the public request area under actions that shows what articles the requester has already purchased from this specific request.

This would make choosing an article topic easier for all authors,

This is my thought for the day and I thought I would see what everyone else thought.

Mary
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

I sometimes miss the fact of being able to see what articles have sold for convenience sake; but then, since I'm just being honest, I also like knowing that it's absolutely nobody's business what I've sold and to whom--and I'm probably not the only writer touchy about protecting the confidentiality of a sale. I think following the last 25 articles to sell is enough edge for everyone without divulging too much.

Sure, I could live with the old system as we had it--it was convenient to know what was selling for each specific request (and who is selling for that matter--which is a great tool for someone, let's face it), but somehow I'm more comfortable with this arrangement that offers more privacy to both the customers and the writers. Frankly, if I'm going to take the time to post questions to a client and try to establish a relationship, why should anyone else be able to view this or view what I am specifically trying to sell to him? I think this was a good move on CC's part. Sure, there's the risk of overkill on a particular topic, but if we keep checking what is selling on the list of 25, we don't really need more than that. Just my two cents. :wink: JA
Mary Stone

Post by Mary Stone »

OK so I'm new here and didn't get a chance to see the way things used to be.

All I was suggesting is posting the article titles, frankly, I could care less who the author of said articles are. I just thought it would be a great time saver for certain people who don't want to duplicate a subject.

Or another suggestion would be to have a way to mark it off the requests as they purchase the articles they need. Did that make sense?

Just a suggestion.

Mary
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

We already have this, its called the “purchase rating” for each requester. This is the number of articles this customer has purchased in the past.