Can I request a recategorisation please?

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Kay Elizabeth

Can I request a recategorisation please?

Post by Kay Elizabeth »

At the moment 'spirituality' is under articles>health>mental health>spirituality. I personally wouldn't look under 'health' for that category. Can I suggest that it goes under "lifestyles>spirituality" please ? It just seems a more appropriate place to me when I look at what else is under that heading, like feng shui and self improvement.

I know that it comes up ok in the search function, but there may be others like me that are pretty lazy and just go for what we think is the most obvious place. Just a thought. :)

Thanks for considering this.It's great to have somewhere to post suggestions.

Hello to everyone, btw. :)

Kay Elizabeth
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

I would agreee. Spirituality would be better suited under Lifestyles.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Sorry, I must have missed this post. I'll take care of this today.
NicoleJLeBoeuf

Post by NicoleJLeBoeuf »

While we're at it, "Lifestyles"->"Self-Improvement"->"New Age" is a little odd.

Perhaps "Lifestyles"->"Spirituality"->"New Age"?

Or "Religion"->"New Age"?

Just clutching at straws here. I wasn't even aware there was a "Spirituality" category in the first place, and having it and "Religion" and "New Age" so scattered from each other might make it hard to find where an article that fits into two or all three goes.
constant-content
Site Admin

Your right... That whole Lifestyles Category need to be rethought. I was made for a client buying a lot of content and everything we wanted was going under there for a while. I’ll take a better look and move stuff around, there is just so much in that category though :)
Kay Elizabeth

S'ok :)

Post by Kay Elizabeth »

Thanks very much, Chris. Don't worry about missing the post, I know you've got a million things on your to-do list.:)
constant-content
Site Admin

spirituality has been moved to lifestyles. I'm not to sure about "New Age" where would be the best place for that? I'm not even really sure what it is :)
Kay Elizabeth

re New Age

Post by Kay Elizabeth »

Hi Chris. :)

My understanding of New Age is that it's a way of looking at life and how you live it to the best of your ability. It explores amongst other things Universal connectedness to others and nature, ways of using tools such as learning how to channel energy, plus topics like chakras, crystals, healing, meditation, dream analysis etc to enhance your life and overcome obstacles...it's a kinda hard subject to pin down as it means different things to different people. Personally, I think that when you label something, you narrow its scope, so I'm doing my best not to offend anyone here and stating that it's a very basic generalization that I'm offering in the hope that it gives you a stepping stone, at least.. :)

I'd suggest that maybe you could have it under 'lifestyles', as there's no one central religious dogma attached to it. I'm sure others will correct me if I'm wrong or add what it means to them, but that's my take on it.

I sent you an email through the 'contact us' offering to help revise this section for you last time I posted. You can let me know if you're interested. I've given it some thought as to what might be useful, but if you're not, that's np. :)

Thanks for moving the spirituality, btw. Much appreciated. :)

Kay Elizabeth