Windows Vista and Posting Links

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Windows Vista and Posting Links

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi,

Call me crazy but I ran out and bought a new laptop with Windows Vista. I am unable to post links from the new computer under a customer's request - it just takes me back to the home page. I can go over to my old PC and post just fine so I'm assuming it's a setting in Vista. It doesn't seem to be related to a pop up blocker because I don't get a warning that a pop up was blocked or anything like that, I just end up back at the home page of CC. Any ideas? My goal is to ditch the desktop PC altogether so I need to figure this out.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had changed my security settings to a higher level and that was doing it. I'm back at the default level for now and it works fine.

I knew switching computers would have its growing pains - transferring massive megabytes, learning a new system, etc..... I must be a glutton for punishment. Now that CC's new site is working great once again, I had to go and torture myself with Microsoft.......