Why are copies of mails to Support not saved in Sent Folder?

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

canywriter

Why are copies of mails to Support not saved in Sent Folder?

Post by canywriter »

Messages sent to Support are not saved in my Sent Folder - is this happening only to me or is it a system glitch? That is actually one area where records would be useful - and follow up easy if copies were saved. It's rather frustrating to find that I don't have a copy of earlier mails sent on a particular subject, or any record of dates, etc.

Support, could you please look into this?

Cany
Debbi

Re: Why are copies of mails to Support not saved in Sent Folder?

Post by Debbi »

Cany,

Do you mean when you send mail to Support through the CC contact form? Or are you replying to an internal email from Support? The form asks for my external email address and I haven't been getting a copy, a ticket number, or any other indication that the email was received. I thought I used to get an automatic email saying my message had been received and would be addressed but maybe I'm thinking of some other site. Anyway, it would be nice if the form allowed you to request a copy of your email to be sent to you or a ticketing system or something.
Amy W

Post by Amy W »

I'm with you, Cany - I'd love to have my messages to Support saved somewhere in my Sent Folder. It's hard to follow up on an issue to Support when you don't know when you sent the last email or what you said in the last email. And I've mentioned it before, but I would still love it if Support sent some kind of automated email saying they received our message - the exact kind of system you described, Debbi. It shouldn't be too hard to implement - even Canada Post has it!
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Debbi,

I'm talking about the form that appears when I click on the Contact Us button - also strange that it asks for our email id - since CC already has it. Maybe that's what triggering those strange mails that says you shared contact info even when we didn't??

Cany