How about some Video submissions?

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Who would like to incorporate video submissions?

Me, Me, Me!
50%
Nope, I'm strictly pro article.
33%
I don't know how to make videos so I don't care.
17%

Total votes: 6

toosweetkimmer

How about some Video submissions?

Post by toosweetkimmer »

I do a lot of video tutorials (or screen recordings) and I think it would be cool to market them here instead of where I usually market them!
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

We are already working on the Photos, Illustrations, and Video sections :)

shhhh
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

So then Ed will have to edit videos about building compost heaps, caring for canine teeth, laundering lingerie, etc...? I say it's up to the editors. It might inspire me to use my home video camera though--I'm envisioning "Potty-Training 101" Parts 1 & 2. What do you think Ed?
:D JA
Ed

Post by Ed »

No thanks times two. :shock:
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

We wouldn't do that to Ed.... our editors have enough work with the articles. Maybe that will be my fun job.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I would do it if you asked me. And didn't mind if I was drinking on the job. And had a memory-swipe device in case we got any sicko submissions.

:wink:
toosweetkimmer

Post by toosweetkimmer »

I was thinking more like the idea of tutorials than any weird home vidoes, LOL. I do not think they should eve be edited, if it is incorrect then they shouldn't accept them.

There are actually some neat programs that record your activity on the screen of the computer and that's how I make tutorials.

It also would be acceptable for buyers to see the the entire video so they can decide to purchase it or not, because it's not like they could reproduce the entire thing, or they would have just done it in the first place.
REason

Videos & Photos Fantastic!!!

Post by REason »

I am of course a videographer, photographer and writer, and I think this is fantastic! I can't wait!

Of course I will throw up some caution flags. I've seen the stock photography industry go from professional images which the market price was $$$ per image all the way down to .05 cents per image. As of right now the market is saturated and competitive pricing just can't get any lower - there are plenty of sites which now offer web images for free.

I am however, excited about having a marketing channel for my videos. I think that is by far the best idea!