Support: Please Pay Out Twice a Month?

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Debbi

Support: Please Pay Out Twice a Month?

Post by Debbi »

This has been suggested before and seemed to get a positive response from Support, but it's been quite a while and we haven't heard anything more. I want to write exclusively for CC but I can't meet my expenses getting paid once a month. I know other writers here are in the same situation I am.

Can't we please get paid on the 1st and the 15th of each month (something similar) if it isn't too much trouble?
HayleyWriter

Re: Support: Please Pay Out Twice a Month?

Post by HayleyWriter »

I agree. I'm about to go to full-time freelancing (YAY!) and have been looking for other sites to balance the bills mid-month. Now, if CC pays mid-month too, I could focus my energy on writing for the best website.

Maybe you could have an opt-in system or a minimum amount for a mid-month payout (say maybe $100 in your account by the 15th for a mid-month payout, otherwise just pay at the end of the month). This could reduce CC's costs for making two pay-outs, but would also encourage writers to write more and sell more here.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Just want to bump this. I know Constant said it's a possibility. I think this would be really great for those of us who love this place but have a hard time waiting a whole month.

Sooooooo /support!
SallyA

Post by SallyA »

That would be a great idea, especially as for me in the UK, it tends to take an extra 7-10 days to actually receive in the payment in my bank account after taking it out of Paypal so having two payment runs a month would get a big thumbs-up from me!
AnneM

Post by AnneM »

I'm in the same boat as everyone else and would love to focus on writing for CC more.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Thanks for all your notes on this topic.

Just wanted to let you know that this conversation is on our radar.
jrichards
Support
Constant-Content.com
AnneM

Post by AnneM »

Any news on this? It's been a while and I was wondering if Constant would be kind enough to give us an idea at least as to yay or nay. If yay, it would be very nice and it would be great if we could get an ETA. Thanks a bunch.
Constant

Post by Constant »

Hi all! The time has come! We have rolled out the ability of authors to be paid on a bi-monthly basis. You will see the option for bi-monthly payments if log into your account and go to 'Edit My Account.' Please expect mid month payments to follow the same sort of time frame as the regular payments, ie) within 7 days of the 15th. If you would prefer to stay on the current payment schedule then there is no need to change anything in your account settings.

Thanks for all your patience in getting this option set up!

David Kool & The Constant-Content team.
EricScott

Post by EricScott »

Very Kool! Thanks!
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

David et al:

THANK YOU! I am so happy I am turning cartwheeels (in my mind so I won't break any bones). I'm going to my Edit Account scrren right now :) Now I have to do what I said and write, write, write for CC :lol:
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Oh wow! Very cool.

I'm not sure if I'll switch or not. I've gotten into the monthly habit and have adjusted my budeting to the point where I'm afraid getting money early may screw me up LOL. I even let my outside client work accumulate in PayPal until monthend and then take care of all my banking at once. When I transfer money from PayPal early, I tend to spend it on other stuff.

Thanks for this change, I know it will be helpful to many of us.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Nice! Once again an example of CC listening to its writers. This truly is the best writing site. By the way, I was curious about the expression bi-monthly, and after a bit of googling I found that it means both "twice a month" AND "every two months."

From M-W: "This ambiguity has been in existence for nearly a century and a half and cannot be eliminated by the dictionary. The chief difficulty is that many users of these words assume that others know exactly what they mean, and they do not bother to make their context clear." (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bi-)

Good thing "the context is clear" here from the beginning....can you imagine if CC thought we wanted to get fewer paychecks? :)

*hustles off to the Edit Account screen*
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Support,

Maybe you could send an email out to all writers? I don't think everyone visits the forums on a regular basis and it would be nice if they all knew about this great opportunity. Actually, I wouldn't mind getting an email once in a while updting us on site changes (like standing requests and payment options), policy changes, upcoming implementations, or maybe just an email reminder to check the forums for updates. Maybe I'm wrong and all writers look at the forums every half hour like I do, but somehow I doubt they have as much time on their hands :)

Thanks,
Debbi
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

Guilty as charged, Debbi, though I only check once a day now. I've found out about all the cool stuff through the forums, but an email would be just wonderful.

Speaking of which, I bet there are some writers here who would love to contribute to an email newsletter... standing request, anyone? I myself run a couple of newsletters for folks and find they are well-received, but I do ALL the writing and design work so it gets to be a hassle sometimes. The support people around here have plenty to do already... how about farming it out to one of us? Or all of us?

I bet there would be some customers who would sign up for such a thing, too. It's such a great way to market (as Ed probably already knows too well from reading our articles about email newsletter marketing :D ).

What do you think, Support? Sound like a good idea? Bi-weekly (and I mean every two weeks :D )? The customer newsletter would have stuff about article marketing etc. and the author newsletter would be site updates and any one of 10,000 topics of interest to us. Just thinking...