Football/Soccer Category

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

tgdunnell

Football/Soccer Category

Post by tgdunnell »

Am I missing something, or does the greatest game on earth not have its own category?

Football has been taken, so I guess soccer (shudder) would suffice. Seriously though, with the World Cup coming up wouldn't it be a good time to add a soccer category? I posted my first soccer article here in the general "sports" category. I've had a quick look at some other soccer articles and they have variously been filed in "sports", "baseball", and "football". How important is the category from a buying point of view? Wouldn't soccer articles get lost in a whole load of football (US) articles?

As an Englishman I hate the term "soccer", but any chance of having it added as a category? Thanks!
Markk

Re: Football/Soccer Category

Post by Markk »

I'm with you, tgdunnell. They should have a "football" or "soccer" (I know you hate the word, LOL!) category. There's so much to write about the beautiful game especially with the World Cup 2010 finals coming up in South Africa.

I have come across requests for football articles from people who are running football sites. So I guess there's a market for it.

What say you, Constant Content?
tgdunnell

Post by tgdunnell »

Thanks for backing me up Markk, I was beginning to think I was alone on this one!

Seems to me that if you write football articles then you could be off to a bad start because they might not be found so easily. I guess a lot of buyers search by tags/keywords but then scanning through a category is probably pretty common too. If they do look for articles using keyword searches then they could be using "soccer" or "football" – so if an article is using one but not the other it could be a problem. Having a soccer category would make things much clearer.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

tgdunnell, I asked for extra categories and was told that they are set already. Just find a place for them. I'm sure you'll get a good match. Just make sure you pick some good keywords.
Markk

Post by Markk »

Oh well, if all the categories are set and no more can be added, then I guess we have to slot our soccer aritcles into the "Sport" section. Sigh!