More Suggestions

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

catnipp333

More Suggestions

Post by catnipp333 »

I put some of these in Celeste's thread, but not sure if you saw them since they were not responded to. I found a few "picky things":

When I select the "Q & A" I only see my questions, is this right? I liked it when I could see what others asked & what the response from requested was. It sometimes answered questions I had. I liked we could send messages "private" if needed before.
There was one time when I first signed in that I did see "someone elses" questions, not mine.

When I was submitting my articles for a request; I had to do each one separate??? Before, we could use the "reply" button to add more than one article, but I did not see it there anymore???
Is there going to be a way to submit more than one article at a time for the requested articles?

The counter for the requesters is not working. The numbers of articles they bought. Is this going to be working soon?

Overall -- GREAT JOB GUYS!!! LOVE THE NEW SITE!!!!

THANKS,

Catnipp333
catnipp333

Offers Not Working

Post by catnipp333 »

I just got this message from a requester:
Date: January 25, 2007, 2:08 pm
Message: Hi - I just sent an offer for the catprrof full rights article. However, I have not been able to get offers to work properly. They seem to go through then i get an error. If you did not recieve my offer - ou might want to email support from your end too.....so it does not go in to the big black internet hole!
Thanks

There is NO offer showing up under my account. How can I fix this?

THANKS!!!!

Catnipp333
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

As for the first post those issues will not be fixed... We have them that way for a reason. Maybe later we will add a public message for customers to be able to post to all writers. I don't follow the counter question...

We will look into the offers issue.
catnipp333

Post by catnipp333 »

The counter issue

The number of articles a requester buys is not changing when they make purchases. I keep track who is actually buying articles this way.

THANKS!!!

Catnipp333
constant-content
Site Admin

Re: Offers Not Working

Post by constant-content »

looking at your articles, I don't see any that are marked for "Best Offer"
catnipp333

Post by catnipp333 »

I changed the price of the "How to Cat Proof Your House For the Holidays" one I did after the requester told me their offer price in message under "questions".

I did not, nor did they ever see the "offer" that they made. I had it marked "best offer". They tried to make an offer, but also wrote me message about it. I responded to message.

It is sold now. I didn't want to lose the sale. The problem wasn't fixed, but the results were good!

Do you understand what I am asking about the "requester counter"?

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP!!!! MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

Catnip333
Keesa

Post by Keesa »

I've had the same problem with 'Best Offers', and used the same method (using the Q&A section to make a counter-offer, then I changed my price if I agreed about the counter-offer).
TheWriteKind

Post by TheWriteKind »

Hey Constant...sorry to be a pain, but can I ask why the first request/issue wont be fixed? The one dealing with being able to see what others have posted to the requester.

The main thing I have with only seeing mine is not knowing if I should bother writing anything or not. I know this is a good way to build the article base up, but how many times do you really think someone else is going to request something on street sweeping or some of the other more unusual requests? For example, with Don's big list of viruses, had we all not known who was writing what and we all started at 'a' on the list, then Don would be forever and a day getting to the other parts of his long list. WIth being able to see what other authors posted, I could better direct my time and energy towards the topics that hadnt been written about yet...instead I started at 'O' becuase no one else was doing "O"...but there were authors doing a, z, c, f, and so on and so forth.

Just asking ;)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I agree with TheWriteKind on being able to see the other postings under a public request.

It's really helpful to know what others are doing or have already done on a request - even what the purchaser has chosen or not chosen. If a requester has ten perfectly suitable articles on "_____ " I'm not going to write another one, instead I'll move down the list. Likewise, if he has ten perfectly suitable articles to choose from and never purchases any, I'm not likely to take a hard look at his next request.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I agree with this from an editor's standpoint. If someone asks a question about what's to be contained in the article, then everyone can see the response the customer makes. It has been helpful in the past to be able to look back and see what has been stated so that I can make sure that what is being submitted is being requested by the author and is not a mistake by the writer.

Ed
TheWriteKind

Post by TheWriteKind »

With that said, I did like being able to privately message the requester as well.

I, personally, in my own opinion, think that having both the public and private Q&A is the best of both worlds.
kjwelcome

Post by kjwelcome »

I'm loving most of the website changes, but I must admit I'm missing the old Q&A pages as well. When customers posted huge, multi-part requests, it was easier to know which of their needs had already been met and which articles they were still looking for. Some customers like Don would even give updates in the Q&A page about which article needs still hadn't been filled. It also helped to figure out which customers were letting their requests languish without making any purchases.

On the whole, though, the new website is speedy and streamlined and I'm still getting a kick out of exploring it.

kj
southernrose

Post by southernrose »

I just wanted to add that I agree with the others about the Q&A issue. I recently asked a question about a request, and I decided not to write for that request because I don't have the time right now. But another writer might be helped from the question that I asked. Plus I think it might be annoying to a requester if they had to answer the same general questions again and again.