Just a small thing

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sandra Lynn Petersen

Just a small thing

Post by Sandra Lynn Petersen »

Hi,

I like the looks of the new site. You have definitely put a lot of time and thought into the new design.

I haven't contributed a lot of articles (well, 2 to be exact) because I write mostly fiction and poetry on another site. I would like to contribute more to Constant Content when topics are wanted in which I feel I have an adequate knowledge base.

I have one small irritation with the new site. In the Request Content section, the site no longer lists the general topic the requester is asking for. I don't have a lot of time to click on each request and find out if the requester is asking for something I feel equipped to handle. I get the emails on wanted content but sometimes have to get one or two other projects out of the way before I can do any research. By then the request is at least a week old and buried among the other email in my box.

In short, I rather liked the old General Topic feature you had in the Request Content area. I could go directly to those content areas with which I was comfortable.

I will continue to come back to this site and think about content I can contribute. Thanks for listening.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

The problem was people never pick the right category.... So we decided to ditch it and use a title instead. Many of the old requests don’t have titles, but as new ones come in they will. Maybe it would be help if we assigned a category when we approved the request. I’ll add this idea to the list down the road.
Megan

Post by Megan »

I am inclined to agree with Sandra Lynn Petersen, although I can see where CC is coming from.

I preferred viewing requests by subject, because then I could ignore the subjects that I do not write about. Right now, it's incredibly difficult to sort through requests. I can't remember which one's I've looked at...and I have to look at each and every one to see if there is one right for me.

Hope that the requesters at least start using titles....

Additionally, are we only able to see our own Q&A? I can't seem to find any feedback or questions from the other authors....which usually answered my own questions and prevented me from having to ask.

Thanks ;)
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Is it possible for someone at CC to manually enter titles into the exisiting requests? When time permits of course. THere aren't that many. I'd be happy to create general titles for each one if that helps.