Idea...

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

thomask

Idea...

Post by thomask »

I've been browsing my ussual category of interest, and have noticed the occassional article that doesnt belong there...

How does death records compute to the computers category?

I would love a way to submit errors like this as categorized wrong.

Thomas
Aariana Adams

Post by Aariana Adams »

I think the articles on death records are of the tutorial-type, how to search for these records on your computer.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

:D my fault, so sorry! I wrote that one and out of sheer habit entered "computers" as the category - normally I choose Tutorials for the death record articles. I even remember thinking "oops" long after the fact -- I was driving in my car and the thought struck me, "Did I enter tutorials for the death records article or did I enter computers?" Really, this is true. This is a sign that I need to get a life :wink:

Since it is for a specific request, I'm not too concerned about moving it though I can see how it could be annoying for customers browsing the computers category. I'm not sure I can edit it myself or not but I'll try. At this point I don't want to bother the tech support guys since they have their hands full as it is and Don will be back soon enough from his vacation and will very likely purchase it.
thomask

Post by thomask »

I can understand that.. so all is forgiven... however...

I recall last year getting a whole slew of 'searching death records' in my email alert and as far as I can see I only subscribe to 'business' and 'computer' categories.

I didnt think much of it then, however it does get hard now that I am relegated to dialup and trying to sort through 5-30 emails a day. (Just from constant-content)

Thomas
Celeste Stewart

Yeah, it would be good if articles that are for specific requests didn't get sent out to subscribers because they are usually very specific for a particular customer.

Also, I've had requests written for a private request get purchased by other customers before the original requester has had a chance to even look at it.

Maybe if there was a category we could use such as "private request" so it doesn't go into the general article line up and doesn't get broadcast emailed?
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

We now have a private request category, no one will be subscribed to this so its up to you to send the link to the article via the request system.
Celeste Stewart

awesome!