suggestions for new site

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

suggestions for new site

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi guys,

Two things I can think of:
Please, can you separate the recently solds back into separate categories -- free downloads and recently solds? It's hard to get a handle on the recently sold items when it's mixed up with the free downloads.

The other thing is, can you make the delay a little longer before we get automatically logged out? It's a pain having to re-enter user name and password so often.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Both of these we are aware of and are on the list. Thanks
Celeste Stewart

You guys rule. I'm sure you have a bunch of other things up your sleeves.

Can you set our "my content" list to sort with the most recent submissions on the top instead of on the bottom so we don't have to scroll through the old stuff? Ugh, I'm not too nitpicky, am I? I can deal with scrolling :o
constant-content
Site Admin

This is the kind of stuff we have been fixing all week.... this is what we need to hear... be picky!
catnipp333

Post by catnipp333 »

OK, You asked...
Are the Requested Content going to be sorted with the "arrows"? I tried to sort them by date, but it didnt do anything.

Are they going to have categories listed? I dont see any now.

When I select the "Q & A" I only see my questions, is this right? I liked it when I could see what others asked & what the response from requested was. It sometimes answered questions I had. I liked we could send messages "private" if needed before.
There was one time when I first signed in that I did see "someone elses" questions, not mine.

Can you put dates or list articles in My Content in order of submission? Mine put 3 at bottom,but has one submitted at same time half way up the page. I like the way we can "sort them" by view, review, sold.... this is how I am using it now.

Can we have the option to "stayed signed in" -- I have to sign in VERY often now.

OK, enough of "being picky"!!!!

OVERALL -- GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!

THANKS!!!!

Catnipp333
catnipp333

Post by catnipp333 »

OK, I just found "something else" -- when I was submitting my articles for a request; I had to do each one separate??? Before, we could use the "reply" button to add more than one article, but I did not see it there anymore???

Is there going to be a way to submit more than one article at a time for the requested articles?

THANKS!!!!!

Catnipp333
topdycke

Requested Content

Post by topdycke »

Hello All,

Every time I log on CC these days I think chocolate covered cherries, but I am wondering about the requested content. I have the same concerns all ready posted, but I'll add one more suggestion. Is there any way that when a buyer has purchased all he/she plans to, the request can be removed? Before when I wasn't sure I could check to see if any of the articles had been purchased, since that is no longer an option I'm feeling a bit out of the loop.

Anyhooooo.... the site looks great, navigating it is great, and I only wish the requested content area could be a bit easiedr to decipher. Maybe I'm just lazy! :P
constant-content
Site Admin

This is hard... Since its really up to the customer to decide that his/she is done with the request. They are suppose to delete the request, but many do not do this. You can always post the question “is this request still needing articles?”.
Joy Butler

Author list

Post by Joy Butler »

I love the new site but was looking at the name list on the author page and wonder if this is supposed to be complete? I didn't find my name there. Also wondering what the pay threshold is now.
constant-content
Site Admin

Payment is the same $50, and we only display writers who have published 5+ articles. We just have to many writers to display so this is our way of keeping it simple.
Joy Butler

Author List

Post by Joy Butler »

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean published as in entered into CC or as in sold? I have entered 11 articles but have sold 3.
sue marchant

picky?

Post by sue marchant »

I love the HITS counter on the content view page... good appraisal tool that. :D
On the same page, I noticed something else. Not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but right under the status field is a field called "Licenses sold". All my articles seem to have a 1 in that field if they've sold usage / unique or nothing. If customers can see this, that could be confusing, as they may think that they only buy work that's already been published.

Just a thought..
cheers,
Sue
toosweetkimmer

Post by toosweetkimmer »

:idea: It would be useful to bring back the "(blank) has purchased (blank) articles in the past" phrase for the requested articles. This always helped me weed out who was serious and who may not be. I have seen people post several request on the same date for similar types of articles quoting that they need 500+ articles for each request, or other outrageous things. Most of the time if this is true, which it rarely is, they have purchased articles in the past, so we know they are sincere about their requests. It also helps us keep track of returning customers, so we know they are happy with our work.
constant-content
Site Admin

thats what the buyer rating is... under the requests.
Celeste Stewart

Hi,
RE: titles in the requests. The titles show up fine in my private request section but the public requests don't have any titles. WHile I understand the old ones won't the new ones don't either. However, within the request there is a title assigned so somehow it's not translating to the display area.

For example, Paul's Street Sweeping request does have a title when you click on the description it just doesn't show up in the list of requests.