how to ask for help

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

dulimira

how to ask for help

Post by dulimira »

Hello,

I submitted an article and it was rejected for mistakes in grammar and punctuation. These were mistakes I should never have made in the first place. I made all the corrections, rewrote parts of the article and re-submitted the article. Nevertheless, I am wary that I might have made mistakes still. I read a post by Ed on self-editing. He says that one way is to get help from a buddy. I would like to seek help from a buddy in future but don't quite know how to go about this. How do I ask someone esle for help? I've read that I can't post the article here. So, do I send them the article via email or through CC's mail system? Is there a specific procedure to follow when approaching another writer for help?

I could offer to proof-read the other person's work in return but would that be enough? I mean, would a newer writer be able to help a more experienced one?

Thanks.

Mira
lisake

Re: how to ask for help

Post by lisake »

Hi Mira,
Ed just rejected one of my articles for a stupid mistake I made. Like you, I need a CC proofing buddy. I always send all my articles to a friend for proofing, but I often continue to "self-edit" and need a third set of eyes to look over my work. On my most recent submission, my friend signed off on my work, but then I decided one other change would improve the article. I tried to change "prove" to "provide" and ended up with "proved." Once you've looked over the article 12 times, it's difficult to notice those kinds of mistakes.

Anyway, I''d be happy to exchange editing/proofing services with you. Just email me your article if that works for you.

Thanks.

~Lisa
dulimira

Post by dulimira »

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for this reply. I only saw it now because I didn't check that box that informs me when a reply is posted. Thank you for your offer. I appreciate it. I'll try to send a message via CC system. Let's hope it works.

Mira.
Lisa-Anne Sanderson

Post by Lisa-Anne Sanderson »

Hi everyone,

My articles have been rejected lately so I'm getting worried too. I would like a writing buddy as well.

Is anyone interested?