A thought about purchase rating?

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Debbi

Re: A thought about purchase rating?

Post by Debbi »

I agree with everyone who has posted in this thread. As the purchasers of goods, customers need to be prized and assistaed and nurtured as much as possible. As the providers of goods, authors need to be protected and encouraged and empowered as much a possible. If either party feels unceratin, unrewarded, or unheard, he might shop or sell elsewhere.

One of the things I like about this forum is that people are allowed, even encouraged, to bring up uncomfortable, sometimes even unpopular, suggestions or observations. A business can't grow without this. It will slowly die of attrition or make poor decisions bsed on insufficient or lack of information. CC can only benefit from hearing us jibber-jabber about everything and anything, taking the good and ignoring the not-so-good.

Sorry for the diatribe. I just wrote an article about business decisions and groupthink and it started me off. Perils of a Psych degree.
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Celeste wrote
I come from a customer-centric background so I tend to see things from a customer service perspective. However, I've also been here longer than many and have a solid record in evaluating requests. While my opinions are strong, they are also based on experience
Celeste, I too come from a customer-centric background; I also believe that knowing more about a customer often helps me do a better job of meeting requirements. While the initial thought about purchase data was perhaps triggered by a feeling of discomfort, I still don't see it as necessarily leading to negative repercussions. Like Barry and a whole lot of you said, it might be a challenge to provide such a customer with stuff he just cannot resist! Or I might ask for a more specific brief. Or I might write more than one article to offer a wider choice. Or, if the vibes are not good, I might choose not to write - which happens otherwise as well.

I have immense respect and awe for your experience and success on CC - and in the absence of such experience in evaluating requests for beginners like us, additional data might help!

I agree with Debbi that the CC forum really offers room for healthy discussion - it's great to have a thought pop up and promptly share it and hear what others think!

Cany
ScottRC

Post by ScottRC »

OK, I tried to figure this out on my own and failed. How do you see a customer's purchase rating?
Nessiee

Post by Nessiee »

If you go to the "Requested Content" page you will see a table listing the current buyer requests. In this table, one column is named "Purchase Rating". The numbers in that column indicate how many articles each requester has bought in the past.
ScottRC

Post by ScottRC »

Thanks, Nessiee! Don't know how I missed that. So - it's not really a rating, it's just the amount of articles that client has purchased. Got it. :)
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Yes, purchase rating stumped me when I first started here. Maybe Support could change the term to "Articles Purchased" or "Items Purchased" or "Prior Purchases" or "Total Purchases" since some could be photos or illustrations. That would probably elimate a lot of confusion for newbies.
barrywiki

Post by barrywiki »

Thank the Lord for 'search'. I am a newbie who was just about to ask what the heck 'puchase rating' was all about having not seen a mention of it in the introductory tutorials.