Question about Exclusive Purchases

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

candicep

Question about Exclusive Purchases

Post by candicep »

Hi,

I am new to CC and have a question about exclusive purchases and usage purchases. I do understand the difference between the two, however, I don't understand how an article can be exclusive to one buyer only if other buyers have already purchased it before with my "usage" price. Then, the content would not be exclusive any longer, right? So, do I remove the exclusive option from my article once another person has bought a usage for the article? How does this work?

Or, does the article only become exclusive from that day forward for the buyer who purchases exclusive rights? Which means I will not sell it any longer from that day forward?

This confused me when I sold usage to an article today, but it still has an exclusive or usage price showing for the next potential buyer.

Any clarifications on this would be great!

Candicep
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

There are writers that have been around here a lot longer than I have. They should probably answer this. But, if I'm correct, the buyer is aware if it's been downloaded before. They can still buy it as exclusive from the point of their sale forward. Once you sale your article as an exclusive it is no longer up for sale.
Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.