Customer Tutorial Typos

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Debbi

Customer Tutorial Typos

Post by Debbi »

I was reading through the Customer Tutorial and noticed a couple of typos.

For example, in the Getting Started with a Customer Account section which states:
"You can also use this to join our mailing list. By using the subscription you will get notified of new content in the categories your request. You can unsubscribe at any time through your account settings."

“Use this” What is this referring to?
“categories your request” should be “categories you request”

An alternative paragraph might be:

Join our mailing list
If you join our mailing list, you will be automatically notified of new content in the categories you choose. If you decide at a later date that you no longer want this option, you can unsubscribe at any time through your account settings.

Also, in the section titled Viewing Submitted Articles, the phrase “to fill you request” should be “to fill your request”.

There may have been some other typos but I was just dashing through it to see what the Customer Tutorial was all about.

I noticed something about Free articles. I wouldn’t mind writing a few to promote my children’s web site. How do you submit those?

Also, I was wondering if a little note could be put in the Customer Tutorial about letting authors know their article wasn’t selected during a public request. Something like: “Our writers do their utmost to respond quickly to public requests made by our customers. Please be sure to click the “No, thank you” button if you decide not to accept their submission so they will know that you appreciated their efforts on your behalf.”

Maybe that’s not quite the right phrasing or sounds too bossy but you can see what I’m driving at. I’ve had two customers send me rejection notices, and several that didn’t, so I guess they don’t have to do anything in particular to reject an article submission.

Thanks for letting me blather on here, making suggestions and comments right and left, even though I’ve been here a very short time. I guess it’s the bossy boots coming out in me :)

Debbi
Nessiee

Re: Customer Tutorial Typos

Post by Nessiee »

I'll let someone else take care of the rest of your post, but I thought I'd mention that free/promotional articles are no longer accepted. I guess whatever page you read that one on also needs some corrections ;)