Want to Bookmark or Save Articles before purchase

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

mocajava

Want to Bookmark or Save Articles before purchase

Post by mocajava »

Hi,
I'd like to be able to Bookmark or Save Articles before purchase.
So I can come back to them later to make a decision.
Thx.
HayleyWriter

Re: Want to Bookmark or Save Articles before purchase

Post by HayleyWriter »

The difficulty with this is that someone else may purchase the article while you are deciding. From an author's point of view, I would prefer not to allow customers to bookmark or save articles if that means not allowing other potential customers the right to view and hopefully purchase the article. Authors want to sell articles as quickly as possible and having a wide potential audience of customers looking at the article helps sales. When you make a public request as a customer, you receive the article exclusively for three days before it is released for general viewing. Hope this helps.

Hayley
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

I don't think that removing the article from public view is the intention here but rather a way to mark potential articles so that a customer could easily come back later. It would be like a list of articles that a customer is considering that shows up in the customer's dashboard. I imagine a system where the articles themselves would still be viewable for anyone to purchase.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Like an Amazon wishlist! Yes...that's a good idea. I can see how it would be helpful for buyers to save a list of articles. In fact, I'm surprised they don't already have that functionality.
Zabrina

Post by Zabrina »

This would be a cool idea! Perhaps on the article's page, there could be a line saying, "This article is wishlisted by X customers." That way, it gives us an ego boost and gives the customer an idea of how popular the article is, and how urgent the purchase is. :wink:
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

I think that we could do this as a bookmarking system. That would probably make the most sense, and then we'd just introduce a feedback system for the customers so that if an article that they had bookmarked has been purchased and is no longer available they are aware what has happened.

Just to layout exactly how the visibility works for people, when a customer puts an article into their cart it remains visible to everyone on the site UNTIL they proceed to the pay for the order. As soon as they are whisked away to Paypal to make payment the article is removed from public view (presuming it is a unique or fullrights purchase). If the payment is completed, then the article remains out of the public view. If the payment doesn't go through for some reason we wait approximately a week for the order to be completed (eCheck's take ages to go through!) and if it doesn't complete at that point we release the articles back into the public viewing area.

Zabrina thanks for your idea regarding giving authors some visibility on the bookmarks, I think that would be a good idea!

So much to do!
-jrichards