Another option for article requests

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Zabrina

Another option for article requests

Post by Zabrina »

How about this one...

People requesting articles should get some kind of mandatory field to fill out where they indicate what kind of rights they're looking for. It's frustrating to write an article for a request, only to price it a little too high (because they didn't say they were paying $20 for FULL rights, and you put in $20 for unique rights or usage, for example) and not sell the article, or to have to email them and ask which rights they were looking to purchase.

Just a thought. :)
BarryDavidson

Re: Another option for article requests

Post by BarryDavidson »

Most customers are looking for full rights. If they put in the request that they're willing to pay 20.00 for an article, I'd assume that they were asking for full unless otherwise stated. Depending on the article and the number of words requested, I probably wouldn't even write it. If they want 1000 words, I wouldn't even sell usage for 20.00 unless it was one of my practice articles which was also on Helium.

In all honesty, I usually price higher and check the "best offer" box at the bottom of the screen. I have a customer who prefers this method, but he doesn't submit private or even public requests most of the time.