Editing Titles

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

evie

Editing Titles

Post by evie »

Encouraged by the 'shining short summaries' challenge I have been through and buffed up several of my short summaries til I can see my face in them!

Unfortunately, I think that some of my titles lack originality or a 'hook'. Would it be feasible to allow authors to amend their titles easily, using the 'edit' feature? After all, it wouldn't change any of the approved content.

Thanks
evie
jak

Re: Editing Titles

Post by jak »

The trouble is, Evie, you would have to also be able to resubmit your file with the new title. I don't believe you can do that without deleting and resubmitting. You could always do that, and put a note in the short summary telling Ed that that is the only change. Once it's approved again, you can edit that bit out of the short summary.
evie

Post by evie »

Jak, you're completely right I hadn't thought of that! Must think more carefully about my titles before submitting in future... otherwise I'd be putting poor Ed through a few re-submissions!
geniuswaitress

Post by geniuswaitress »

Hey, if you've thought of a genius title, you can always write a new article to go with it!