Mass Submissions?

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Celeste Stewart

Mass Submissions?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hi,
Based on the following thread:http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... 027#p34027, I wonder, does CC get a lot of mass submissions that appear to be automated? If one of these so-called article submitter programs is blasting CC, I imagine it won't be long for others to follow. Any way of blocking auto-submissions? A captcha perhaps? Contacting the software developers and asking to be removed from their product (though I doubt that would work)? Maybe it's not a problem yet, but if Ed's dealing with massive submissions from these auto-posting products, it's surely a huge time waster. I wouldn't object to a captcha if it would cut down on the non-conforming submissions and free up our beloved editor.
Celeste
Ed

Re: Mass Submissions?

Post by Ed »

Celeste,

I thought I was gonna barf when I read that. The good news is that Support said it should be fairly easy to prevent.

Just to clarify, the problem isn't so much with mass submissions (since new authors can only submit three articles), but the problem is with blatantly promotional content that has no place on CC. The guidelines were written to address this problem as broadly as possible when we stopped accepting free/promo content. It's surprising that word isn't out yet that this is not what our site is for.

I also think that if we began to get loads of mass submissions, there would be quick action taken to make sure that the queue stayed somewhat manageable! I'd be the first person to squawk about it.

Ed
Celeste Stewart

Glad mass article submitting software isn't bombarding you :) That would be horrendous.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I appreciate your concern. It helps to know that I wasn't the only one who was worried about this happening.
Celeste Stewart

Not to sound cliched, but the thought of mass article submissions sent shivers down my spine.