Login & Password Entry

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

JKALLEN

Login & Password Entry

Post by JKALLEN »

I did a quick scan to see if this has already been mentioned so please forgive if it has.

I would like to suggest that the login duration be extended from what seems like 5 minutes to a more reasonable length..an hour? More? Even better, let each person be able to customize the amount of logged in time before having to re-login. I get so frustrated when I need to log in again and again and again...

Thankee kindly,

Jenn Allen
nichewriter

Re: Login & Password Entry

Post by nichewriter »

Great suggestion! It would be great if we could be logged in for a longer period or set how long we want to be logged in ourselves. I used to get logged out when submitting articles. So now I've resorted to creating a text file that includes the short summary, excerpt and keywords for each article before submitting.

I've also discovered this wonderful feature of Opera -- you can set any tabbed pages you have open to refresh every xx minutes. So when I'm logged in on CC, I set Opera to refresh my author page every 4 minutes. When I'm ready to submit an article, I simply disable the refresh function. Then I enable refresh again when I'm working on the next article. It's saved me a lot of time switching between my articles and the CC site just to make sure I'm still logged in -- and of course, I never know when I need to step away from my computer not knowing how long I'll be away. I've made Opera my dedicated browser for submitting to CC ;o)
Last edited by nichewriter on Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

I agree. The log in time is too short. What I find especially frustrating is when I am writing an email to another author (ie reviewing an article for an affiliate) and I get logged out half way through the email. When you go to press send, you get directed to the log in, but when you return you have lost your email and have to write it all again. If I am writing a long email to an author friend on this site, I have to write it in Word and then copy and paste it into the email on the website.

I know we have to have some security and I agree there should be a time limit on being logged in to the page, but it would be lovely if the time limit was extended to allow for submitting articles or writing detailed emails without getting logged out.

Hayley
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Thanks for bringing this up.

I've changed the login length so that it should allow you 3 hours of inactivity before your session closes.
:)
-jrichards
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

That's terrific! Thanks jrichards.

Hayley
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Thank you a zillion times! WG
JKALLEN

Post by JKALLEN »

Ooo most awesome!

Thankee kindly,

Jenn
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Hi

A thought - the current system of logging in requires us to enter username and password, then select customer or author log it. Intuitively, however, we tend to enter password and hit enter - and invariably the error message comes up and I have to enter password again, select author log in and submit. Not an issue, just mildly painful. Would it be possible to have the customer/author selection before, so one can type in password and hit enter, or have a check box where one can say remember this? I don't think there would be too many people who would regularly need to toggle between customer and author?

Does anyone else feel this way?

Canywriter
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Cany,

I agree with you on this. It would be nice to have a "Remember me" checkbox as many web sites do. Another option could be to separate out the login forms: The top one could be for customers (to keep it most convenient for them), the bottom one could be for authors. Once you fill in the username box in one of those options, the Log In key becomes active. Then hitting enter would log you in. Add a "Remember Me" box for each and everyone wins.

Why is the logged in time so short? Does it use up resources to keep an author logged in for a day or longer, maybe a week like on Yahoo mail? Or are there security concerns? I can see that with a banking web site but CC doesn't seem like that high of a risk.

Not a huge issue, but something that I've noticed since my first day when I accidentally signed up as a customer. Who knows, maybe someday I'll make enough money to hire some of you guys to write for my web sites :mrgreen:

Debbi