Free Content?

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

geniuswaitress

Free Content?

Post by geniuswaitress »

From what I understand, this site doesn't have any free content anymore. However, the very first sentence in the buyer's FAQ mentions free content. I realize that this is something that will probably be amended eventually, but I think this is super-important to the site for two reasons.

1) Dumb people could misunderstand and think that what they see here is up for grabs, then go on a sample-grabbing spree. Yep, that's idiotic, but some thieves are morons, and they are not likely to read beyond the words "free."

2) It could seem like bait and switch. A buyer gets excited about free content, learns there isn't any, gets ticked off and won't buy anything at all. They might not feel that way if they hadn't been led to believe there was free content in the first place.

I know you guys are busy, but this seems like a pretty important change that could help us all.

Thanks for listening to my rants.
Ed

Re: Free Content?

Post by Ed »

Hi Elizabeth,

Actually, though we no longer accept content that is free/promotional, the content submitted before this rule was put into place is still available for download.

Ed
geniuswaitress

Post by geniuswaitress »

Oops, didn't know that! Well, that changes everything.

Perhaps it could still be de-emphasized?
Ed

Post by Ed »

I don't quite know what the status is with this particular issue. I'll pass along your suggestions.

Ed
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Hi there, good catch, I've eliminated the section that speaks to free content in the first paragraph. I'm leaving the portion that explains free licensing rights since there are still a number of articles on the site that were initially listed for free and it only seems fair that they continue to be listed that way.

Thanks
-jrichards
Support
Constant-Content.com