Suggestion To Link Articles With Images

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

REason

Suggestion To Link Articles With Images

Post by REason »

I would like to see a method to market or link the author's article to the author's related images. As an example, the author writes an article and wishes to sell the article without images. The author then uploads images either under the photography section or the illustration section related to the article that the potential buyer has an option to purchase. Think of it as an add on to potential sales. The author identifies which images should be linked to the article. When potential buyers view the article, they can see a very small thumbnail of the images that is related to the article. To see this idea in action please visit turbosquid.

This can really aid in marketing the images to a targeted audience and boost sales in the process. It will also have the added benefit of gaining more conceptual images into the library. I realize that this is not a small thing, as there are some tasks which need to implemented first, but the potential is certainly there.
cspring

Re: Suggestion To Link Articles With Images

Post by cspring »

It sounds like an interesting idea. If it can be implemented, it may generate more sales in the illustration/photography area, too.
jak

Re: Suggestion To Link Articles With Images

Post by jak »

I sometimes do this anyway by cross referring articles to photographs in the short summary, and vice versa. Can't say anyone has taken me up on it yet, though.