Possible to list "dead" requests?

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sheryl Nantus

Possible to list "dead" requests?

Post by Sheryl Nantus »

I was wondering if we could put a section aside or post when requests go "dead" - I just noticed the one asking for women's self-defence articles has disappeared from the requested content area and the client didn't buy a single article. Can we put up some sort of note when they're pulled so the authors know their article is no longer up for consideration?

thanks!
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

The whole requests section needs a make over. The plan is to have customers that submit requests have a ratting (how many articles they have bought). Based on that rating it will give you guys a better idea on who your dealing with.

I was also thinking of trying to come up with a way for you to submit the article directly to the requester and they can accept or deny it. This way you know if they looked at it.

Other things include the ability for requester to modify the request and add notes.

All of this will take time though.

Also we had a malicious author submitting requests when they had no intention of buying. Seems they were upset that I banned the for plagiarism. It was obvious plagiarism too, some people just have nothing better to do.
Sheryl Nantus

Post by Sheryl Nantus »

ah - can you list the ones that we know were fakes?

thanks!
constant-content
Site Admin

I'm not 100% positive but I already removed the ones that were fishy.
Sheryl Nantus

Post by Sheryl Nantus »

thanks for the update - for me, if an article written directly to a request sits there for more than a few days and I see *NO* sales going out to that client I get rather suspicious...

:wink:
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

constant wrote:The whole requests section needs a make over. The plan is to have customers that submit requests have a ratting (how many articles they have bought). Based on that rating it will give you guys a better idea on who your dealing with.
This is a good idea; sort of like how eBay rates buyers and sellers so that all can beware. I like the idea. I'm assuming that you're also keeping track of those who are submitting bad requests in case they come back under a different name/guise.
libertate

Post by libertate »

Sheryl Nantus wrote:thanks for the update - for me, if an article written directly to a request sits there for more than a few days and I see *NO* sales going out to that client I get rather suspicious...
:wink:
As a buyer (publisher), what is "few days"? A week? Two?

I travel a lot for my "real" job. If I am on the road, I might not even see anything electric for a month, let alone computers with internet connection.

A "due by" date would be acceptable. this would give an easy benchmark for both publisher and author.

If no article is purchased by the date, the request should be closed.

constant let me know if you want me to rip the request submission interface appart for your from the user perspective. :) :lol:
Sheryl Nantus

Post by Sheryl Nantus »

a "due by" date would be wonderful.

that way we could know if a client didn't find the articles acceptable for any reason and either rework them for more general usage.

a great idea!!!
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

Sheryl Nantus wrote:a "due by" date would be wonderful.

that way we could know if a client didn't find the articles acceptable for any reason and either rework them for more general usage.

a great idea!!!
Ditto!
cbpmehta

Post by cbpmehta »

I more or less agree with most of the postings here. Just to repeat the problem of 'dead' content requests, I noticed that another type of request is a duplication of the same topic. And the cost estimate also seems a paradox since it is unimaginable! Check out below:
---------------------------------
Date requested:05-17-2005
Description:
Have the details of the Dog
Amount of articles:100
Price per article:$40-50
Length of article:1000
Subjects:
Dogs Behaviour
Extra notes:
Explanation of dogs behaviour
-------------------------------------
Date requested:05-17-2005
Description:
About Dogs
Amount of articles:100
Price per article:$40-50
Length of article:1000
Subjects:
Have the life of the dogs
Extra notes:
Explanation for dogs behaviour
---------------------------------------
Let's argue that the 100 articles requested are really needed by this user and he/she is willing to pay a price of $40-50 per article! Total amounts to 100 x say $40 equals $4000!!!! Is anyone willing to really pay up this large amount for 100 articles of 1000words each? If so, we authors should be multi-billionaires by now...or am I mistaken. Can Constant Content or some of my peers clarify this phenomenon? Thanks in advance!
constant-content
Site Admin

Until I get this request section problem sorted, please check back on the requests often. I'm removing requests that I believe have no intention of purchasing.

There is a angry writer posting requests just to post them, the example in the above post may be one of them.

I contacted the requested and reviewed no response, so this is why I removed it.I’m hoping to have a new requests section in a week.
cbpmehta

Post by cbpmehta »

constant wrote:Until I get this request section problem sorted, please check back on the requests often. I'm removing requests that I believe have no intention of purchasing.

There is a angry writer posting requests just to post them, the example in the above post may be one of them.

I contacted the requested and reviewed no response, so this is why I removed it.I’m hoping to have a new requests section in a week.
Thanks! This may help authors in the future.
Katie-Anne

Some People Need to Get A Life!

Post by Katie-Anne »

Don't they have anything better to do than waste time sending in hoax requests? Says much about their writing life! Also says much about their professionalism as a writer - it's not as if the hoaxes will hurt anyone but other writers.

Thanks Chris for keeping a check on things!

Katie-Anne
with way too much writing work on her planner to think about writing a grocery list never mind a hoax request!
John Zee

Post by John Zee »

Really makes it difficult to know what's real and what's not.

I wonder if this is the same writer carping about CC onother sites?
AnnM

But... quality sites WILL pay that

Post by AnnM »

I have sold many articles for more than 40 or 50 dollars - often to sites that are buying LOTS of content. So, I don't think that the dollar amounts indicate it is a bogus request at all as someone suggested.