Suggested audience field for submissions

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

MysticSpiralStudio

Suggested audience field for submissions

Post by MysticSpiralStudio »

I've been reviewing the submissions protocols in preparation for my first submission and it occurs to me that it might be useful to have a field in the submissions area which allows authors to identify their ideal audience for their articles.

For example, when submitting an article on pregnancy, an author might indicate that their intended audience is a men's humor website so that the article is easier to find for that type of audience. Another author writing on pregnancy might indicate that their audience is a women's health information newsletter.

The two articles, while both technically about the same subject are aimed at significantly different audiences. If it were possible to make the suggested audience field searchable, that would help customers to find content more ideally suited to their needs.

Just a thought,

A.
John Zee

Post by John Zee »

That's a good idea. It might help cilients in their purchasing.
FaithHarper

Post by FaithHarper »

I tend to tailor whatever I write to the audience that requested the content to begin with. And I use a long descriptive title and a long summary so they have a good idea what they are getting. Another field on content perspective would just be duplicating what I've already done so it probably isn't something that I would personally use.
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

FaithHarper wrote:I tend to tailor whatever I write to the audience that requested the content to begin with.
I've started to do that as well, as I'm beginning to dive into CC requests. I think that's the goal of making money here with articles you submit in response to a request. Other types of work may not always follow this format but it seems like a simple equation to deal with requests here on a quick and focused basis.