A few suggestions

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Angie H

A few suggestions

Post by Angie H »

I was wondering if it would be possible to include a things on the "Fix the Website" list sometime.

It would be really nice if the remember me button could be fixed. I find that I am consistently having to put in my login and pw. It would just make life easier.

Would it be possible to have RSS feeds for things like sold content, requests, and new submissions? I think these would greatly benefit the writers as well as the customers. (not to mention the reminder of our service)

I was thinking that in order to boost the sales of larger works, it would be great to add sections such as ebooks, manuals, or essays to where articles,blogs, photography are listed. I think that customers find it difficult to search through article after article to find these items.

Just a few thoughts....Thank you for your time!
Ed

Post by Ed »

I've already asked that the login time be extended, and I'm pretty sure that will be addressed.

RSS feeds is an intersting idea . . . I'm behind the times and don't use many feeds myself, but I know this is an extremely popular feature.

Can you clarify what you mean about the last point? You mean that more types of work should be available?

Thanks,
Ed
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

Hi Ed,

I feel that ebooks and other well researched materials like essays would be a great benefit to the site. It is a section of the high end market that CC seems to ignore.

I find that the larger works (1000+) are often lost in amongst the smaller ones and I feel it causes a lot of lost revenue.

Customers would be able to jump straight to what they are looking for this way. It seems to me I remember reading a thread that also brought up this issue quite awhile ago.

I also think the large works would expand the customer base. For example, If I own a Diet site, I could come here to buy an ebook on how positive thinking affects weight loss (or request it) and then I could by supplemental articles to build up my site. Make sense?
Ed

Post by Ed »

The Premium Articles tries to separate in-depth and exceptional articles so that they don't get lost in the shuffle. This was the intention with the implementation of this category. Have you seen this category and what it contains? I think these articles are on the lines of what you are describing.

We've had some submissions of ebooks before, but I honestly haven't been impressed with the quality. It seems that many ebook authors can't mediate quality and quantity on such an extensive scale. I may have only seen below-standard examples, however. No offense to those who have written ebooks.

Ed
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

I see your point.

The "premium articles section" says to me that these articles are written and researched better than any of the other content on the site. It hints that the quality of the other articles available at CC is inferior.

If I am looking for a larger article for a magazine for instance, I have to look through each page of articles listed to find the subject I'm looking for. Once I find one that matches my topic, I have to dig through the article to find out if it is really what I'm needing in terms of length and coverage. Otherwise I am just assuming that it will be enough.

Maybe just a name change would help...something like "comprehensive content," "extended articles," or something of that nature. This way, the material would stand out a bit better. Another angle would be the option of arranging articles by length through a search or listings. For example, three columns with the headings less than 500 words, 500-1500, and 1500+ .
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

I just noticed that there were no really good sites on the web that promoted the custom creation of ebooks. I have noticed that a lot of companies seem to be moving in this direction.
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Great points all around! Angie... Without overstepping the treacherous touch stones of expectations, that idea is definitely part of our larger revamp ideas for the site. More channels by which people can move to customize their needs is exactly what we would like to see more of. Stay tuned...
Angie H

Post by Angie H »

Thanks both of you!

Now don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no complaints about CC. In fact, I have to admit that I have rather quite fallen in love with the place and find myself settling in nicely. I just think that expanding the customer base and making it a little more user friendly would benefit everyone all the way around.

I look forward to seeing CC grow and flourish for years to come.

Thanks again!