What happens to content requests when they leave the list?

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Schoolmarm

What happens to content requests when they leave the list?

Post by Schoolmarm »

Is there a way to find out whether the request has been filled or simply removed? It's a little frustrating to post something for a potential customer in the evening and come morning find that the listing is gone and all the posts with it. Any chance of a notification when a request has been withdrawn and the reason? Something posted somewhere on the site would be great, email even better.

I know it's a tough request, but I submitted (and you accepted) two targeted articles yesterday (immediately upon receipt of the email notice of the request) for a request that is now gone. Do I keep writing, or am I wasting my time? Since the listing is gone from the board, the Q&A is also gone. I don't know whether or not I got a response, and I couldn't notify the customer of the second article's acceptance.

What say ye?
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

The request is removed after we try to contact the requester many times.

First we try to contact them if they are not replying to questions, next we try and contact them if they are not purchasing any articles, then if they don't respond to those emails we send one last email letting them know the request will be removed.

We then remove it.

Many times the requester will come back a month later and pick up some articles. I have seen this with people starting new websites, but they need to get the site up before buying articles.
Schoolmarm

Post by Schoolmarm »

Thanks for the response. That does kind of leave us in limbo, though, as we don't know what the status of the request might be. Do you have any advice regarding continuing to produce content for a request that's been withdrawn? I noticed that the customer I had in mind had purchased a couple of articles right off the bat then just disappeared. You said they sometimes reappear after a period of time. Is there something you can add to the customer submission form that requires them to notify you if they are planning on holding off for a time before purchasing?
TheWriteKind

Post by TheWriteKind »

As an example:

There was a request a while ago for 'quick facts' articles. It was eventually removed. I kept writing these articles and they keep selling...the buyer obviously keeps coming back for more, and other people are picking them up as well. I'll tell ya, there are days I have a million things to write about and not enough time to produce them fast enough ;) plus, I think Chris is getting irritated with all my quick fact arts...lol. This coming from the girl who just submitted 10 more. LOL!!! (Sorry Chris).

Anyways, what *I* do, and what I know a lot of other authors do is look at the last 25 articles sold list. It does show what is selling, and by keeping track yourself about what is selling, you can see the trends. Then you write to suit the trend and wait. I know...most writers only respond to requests, but 70% of the sales I have made have NOT been from the request boards...its from me writing to follow some trends. There are a million ideas on what to write about, and Chris will tell you that a lot of buyers come and search through what is already available instead of posting a request. Its faster and easier for them. The requests are posted for specific items that the buyers couldn't find on the site anywhere already.

Again, the more you write, the more you will eventually sell. The broader your topics, the more of an audience you will capture.

My advice is write to what is popular, write to requests, but don't get discouraged if the requester doesn't purchase your article. Eventually, someone will likely come along and snag it anyways.

This is a great place with a lot of opportunity. My goal is to write an article about something (anything that suits my fancy) every day to post here. It promotes me and my writing better, and covers more bases thusly increasing my sales and creating more business for CC, which creates more of a market for the writers (and thusly me, because I'm one of the writers, so are you...) its a great turn around system. I write...they sell...it promotes CC, me, you, everyone else, and then we all sell more because CC is soooo popular....win win win. :D
damyanti

Post by damyanti »

Yes, if you keep an even balance of response to requests and trends, you will sell..... I often only respond to new requets which is definitely not the best way!

and even our most prolific authors sell about half or more of how many they write, so writing an article every day is actually good advice! :D