I'm new...how do I get started writing?

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

charlie23

I'm new...how do I get started writing?

Post by charlie23 »

Hi,
I have been accepted as an author but when I log in all I seem to have access to are articles to buy.
How do I go about selecting topics I want to write about?
aprilk10

Re: I'm new...how do I get started writing?

Post by aprilk10 »

Hi Charlie! I would suggest exploring things and getting familiar with Constant Content first. In the column to the left, there should be things like "Requested Content," "Submit an Article," etc. In the requested content, you will see public requests authors can submit to. You aren't limited to these, however. You can write about anything you choose and submit it to your profile. If you haven't already, read through the guifdelines and forums closely. Constant Content is pretty strict, but a great place to sell work once you get the hang of how things work here! In the forums, check under the topic "Questions" for a thread titled "New Authors Start Here." I personally think that thread should be on the first page of the forums so that it is obvious to new authors, but it contains a lot of info about submitting here! Welcome to Constant Content and good luck!
Antonia

Re: I'm new...how do I get started writing?

Post by Antonia »

Charlie, I'm wondering if you accidentally signed up & logged in as a customer. It is possible to have both a customer and an author account. If you don't see the options April mentioned, you are probably in the wrong account.