Is the C-C site broken?

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

nichewriter

Is the C-C site broken?

Post by nichewriter »

I don't know if it's just me, but none of my approved articles are showing long summaries/excerpts! One just got approved a few minutes ago but when I looked, the sample isn't showing. I thought it's just my browser (Firefox), so I tried opening the pages on IE, Chrome, and Opera -- all of them are not showing the samples.

I tried contacting support, but the Contact Us button on the top right of the page can't be found! I keep getting this message:

You were looking for:
www.constant-content.com/area/contact

Unfortunately that page can not be found. Sorry!

I hope C-C staff sees this.

~Sherry
aprilk10

Re: Is the C-C site broken?

Post by aprilk10 »

Hmmm...just checked mine Sherry. The samples are there...but they are in a different font it appears. I've noticed a few "bugs" lately (emails, stuck articles, etc). I hope everything gets back up and running soon! :shock:
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Thanks, April. I checked my pages on the hubby's computer and they are not showing excerpts there either -- and the short summary text is actually an image. I'm thinking a new security measure CC is implementing (maybe a php to image function?) -- but it seems to be broken for me because my older articles are showing the excerpts, but my newer ones are not.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Oops...just went and checked yours though...not there...I don't like this! :? Strange happenings of late... :(
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

aha...just found the "Switching servers" thread in "Updates for Authors" Eric posted...but...it was on April Fools Day... :-) I am guessing that is what is going on!
Constant

Post by Constant »

Hi everyone,

We are upgrading the article pages to display your summaries as images as an added security measure. I did notice last night that Shery's newer articles weren't displaying their long summaries, but after checking this morning found that the summaries are available. We will keep an eye on this.

The contact link at the top right of the page is currently pointing at the wrong page; this will be fixed later today. In the meantime, please click the "contact us" link in the footer to contact us.

We're working on getting email notices for requests as well as the articles stuck in waiting issues resolved, and they should be fixed in the very near future. Will update you all when this has happened.

Take care,

Eric
JStone

Post by JStone »

Using images for the summaries is a great idea...but they all seem to be chopped off at the edges and it's cutting out bits of words :(
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Constant wrote:We are upgrading the article pages to display your summaries as images as an added security measure. I did notice last night that Shery's newer articles weren't displaying their long summaries, but after checking this morning found that the summaries are available. We will keep an eye on this.
Hi, Eric.

Hate being a pest but my newer articles are still not showing the excerpts. It's been 5 days since. It is so odd that mine aren't showing while the others are.

Thanks,
Sherry
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

I mention this in another thread, but thought I would put it in here, as it may be more likely to be seen. Existing articles that are submitted to requests are still getting "stuck" in customer view. I have a couple I submitted Apr. 9 that are stuck. A few more I submitted 3 days ago...so the jury is still out on those. That is weird that your samples aren't showing Sherry. Also, samples are showing as being cut off. I guess it will just take awhile to iron out everything.
happywriter

Post by happywriter »

Yes, one of mine also seems to be stuck in client review. :?:
And has the CC email service resumed? :?:
nichewriter

Post by nichewriter »

Happy to report that I'm seeing my excerpts now! Thanks so much, Eric, for keeping me updated on this -- and for getting the bug fixed! :lol:
Lola

Post by Lola »

Site seems to be having lots of trouble again. The "my profile" page is not displaying correctly. Anyone else having this problem? I am wary of submitting anything right now because the site does not seem to be working.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Today I noticed a lot of text overlaying sections of the page it shouldn't be on. However, the submission process still works. If you have articles you want to get in the queue, I'd go ahead and submit them as I'm sure support will fix the odd display soon.