We're getting a facelift!

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Evelyn

We're getting a facelift!

Post by Evelyn »

The website is getting a facelift today, guys! I wonder if they'll shoot it full of botox...

And I wonder if we'll have trouble submitting articles or if anything else screwy will happen...

:D
aprilk10

Re: We're getting a facelift!

Post by aprilk10 »

I noticed this earlier, but thought maybe I was just seeing things! :D I wonder how much of a lift we will get! I am excited, but hope it doesn't slow things down. I have 2 articles in review since last night for a public request...hope they go through soon! Can't wait to see the new changes! :P
Constant

Post by Constant »

Just made an announcement of the changes we made at http://www.constant-content.com/forum/v ... =9&t=21610

Operations should not be impacted by the site updates and article reviews have not been interrupted. If you do run into some issues with the site please email Support and we'll get back to you right away.

Eric
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Karrie,
Looks like we need to enter our email addresses rather than user names. I used to enter Celeste Stewart. Now I have to enter my registered email address.
Celeste
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

I entered the email etc on the universal sign in on the left hand side. Then a new page appeared with the sign in section in the middle of the page. I basically had to sign in twice before it would work. It would be nice if I only had to sign in once.

Hayley
Constant

Post by Constant »

@Hayley. It looks like you have both customer and author accounts, hence the system is prompting you to see which one you want to login to. If you don't use your customer account you can contact support and we can remove it for you. You would then stop seeing the second login screen.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Ahh. That makes sense! Thanks for that.

Hayley
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I always logged in with my email and it still works. It wanted to know if I wanted to use my author or customer acct, which is fine because I want to keep both.

However, I use Chrome 8.0.552.237 and the whole front page is all screwed up. Might want to test it with Chrome.
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

I logged out and went back to the homepage. It looks great now. Wonder if it was a cache issue or something.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

I have to log in twice now too...and I don't have a customer account... :(
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

I also have to log in twice and only have an author's account. But I can't complain. It's going to be 78 degrees today and I will be sitting by the pool composing!! :)
Constant

Post by Constant »

Looks like there's a bug with the login system when using Internet Explorer. We're hoping to have this fixed today.

Update: bug has been fixed.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

The sign in problem is fixed on Internet Explorer - Thank you! By the way, I like the facelift. It looks fresh and exciting and I hope the customers like it as well. :D

Hayley
ThisOldMan

Post by ThisOldMan »

I think the coder can put in a few more if-then-else loops so that the system automatically recognizes whether an email address or a username has been input, and branches to the relevant sub-routine. No idea what purpose the two log-in boxes serve. Just one should be enough. Looks neater, too. Maybe the coder can tape a copy of Murphy's Law to the top of his screen:

'Anything that may go wrong, will go wrong.'

btw don't ask me if I could have coded it better because I haven't written a single line of code in donkey's years. Just making some casual observations, that's all. Based on some old memories. Err, make that dusty, rusty, ancient memories.

Just some random thoughts from
Hallelujah Lovelight.
'The light of love guides me as I sail through the uncharted ocean of life.'
GaryBourque

Post by GaryBourque »

The site looks discombobulated in Google Chrome. Also the Contact Button doesn't work at all, say invalid page.