Article acceptance and review messages in inbox

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

jadedragon

Article acceptance and review messages in inbox

Post by jadedragon »

While sorting through my very few messages in my onsite CC Inbox (and my Outlook Inbox) I had an idea. Currently all messages show as "Your Article Has Bee..." with the key words Accepted or Reviewed not visible until you open the message. It would be nicer if the emails were retitled as "Article Accepted by Constant Content" and "Article Reviewed by Constant Content". This way the key word would be visible without having to open the message.

Great site. I can hardly believe the helpful cooperative attitude shown by the management here. :)
Debbi

Re: Article acceptance and review messages in inbox

Post by Debbi »

Good suggestion! Revising the title might not even be necessary. If support just formats the Date field to "12/6/2009" instead of "December 6, 2009 at 8:30 a.m.", the space saved would probably display enough of the title to make it useful.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

But that would take away the adrenaline rush when clicking on the link! :D
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

I agree! It would save time to be able to delete the messages without reading them. Funny, I was just thinking this the other day.
Lazers

Post by Lazers »

If you deleted the message without reading it, you could miss the editorial information inside the message. This way you have to take a look inside.
KMartin

Post by KMartin »

I think that not allowing the writer to see if their article was immediately accepted or rejected was done on purpose for someone to have fun playing mind games with writers with little self confidence and fear of rejection (like me for instance :-) ) :twisted:
jadedragon

Post by jadedragon »

None of us are going to delete the reviewed messages without seeing Ed's reasons, but the Accepted messages all say the same thing and can be deleted. That is assuming you only had one article in the cue.
Avie47

Post by Avie47 »

I hate rejections also, but I really learn when reading the admonishments about what I've done wrong. I thought I was the queen of grammar until I read about my failed comprehension of could and can, and I spent two hours on line in various grammar sites trying to figure out when to use each. Then I got into the might or may controversy and thought my mind would explode, but I revised my article and hope it passes muster the second time. I also enjoy this site and get worried about being thrown off for something really stupid that I've done in my haste to submit another article. I need to learn to sit back, breathe, and proof it the next day.