Support with Pricing Articles

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

ew1049

Support with Pricing Articles

Post by ew1049 »

I love that Constant-Content lets us name our price, but I feel pretty clueless about what to ask. Could there be an option for support with this? What about the option of stating a range price, if we're unsure, such as 10-30 dollars or 50-80 dollars, like as low as we'd go and as high as we think we can ask, and let whoever deals with sales and has more experience choose something within the range we've asked--or even, the opportunity for us to ask for our work to be priced by you guys? You guys get a cut, so I know we would have the same goals . . . This might really be of benefit to new authors such as myself who have no idea what to ask and are afraid of underselling/overselling.

Would this be possible? Thanks
Lysis

Re: Support with Pricing Articles

Post by Lysis »

There's a thread here somewhere posted by jrichards with some stats. He posted the best prices to sell are $.05-$.09 per word, which I think is pretty fair. A lot of others have posted that they price according to time and number of words.
Phil

Re: Support with Pricing Articles

Post by Phil »

I look at the general table that is provided by a link when submitting an article. Then I do a "gut check" (or is it 'gut check'?) to see if my cut feels right. If yes, go with it. If no, try the per word idea. Repeat the gut check. Eventually you will come up with a system that works for you. I am not yet disciplined enough to keep detailed hourly records that take into account time spent from conception to submission. Hope this makes the mud a tad clearer. - Phil