Author Profile Changes

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

eek

Author Profile Changes

Post by eek »

Is anyone else having trouble uploading images or changing the text content in the author profile? I can't seem to change either one. I can insert the information in the right places, but I don't see a place to save the changes. Am I missing something, or is this a site glitch? Changing browsers didn't help.
Suzyarie24

Re: Author Profile Changes

Post by Suzyarie24 »

I had a problem with this because I work from a tiny notebook laptop and the 'submit' button for the profile changes is at the very bottom of the pop-up, which is off my screen. If you use firefox, you can hold ctrl and press - (minus) and that should zoom out enough for you to see the button. Also in firefox press F11 to get rid of toolbars etc and you can see more of the screen.

If this isn't the same as your problem then sorry, I don't know how to help! Good luck.
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

In IE you can also right-click (like you were selecting text) and then hold the button while moving the arrow down the screen to scroll down the page.

I see the problem. The submit button for saving the picture is almost hidden at the bottom-left. The screen darkens, but the popup box doesn't go all the way down to the button. Depending on the size of your screen, you may have to scroll down the page using the above method to even see the submit button.
eek

Post by eek »

Thank you, Suzy & Barry! I do work from a laptop, and use Firefox. I tried F11 first and that revealed the submit button. I was able to change the text, but the image is still the haphazard logo that somehow flew in there after the website update. Evan (my H and computer literate half) is working on that now.
emma
eek

Post by eek »

It was the file type. The .jpg worked.
Thanks again!
Suzyarie24

Post by Suzyarie24 »

Glad to have helped!