Suggestions for New Category Headings

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

FlyingVegan

Suggestions for New Category Headings

Post by FlyingVegan »

Hi Folks,
I'm a newbie so if I happen to ask a redundant question which is typical in forums please forgive me. Everyone here seems very congenial!
In the drop down category listings I see that there isn't a heading for Hobbies. Maybe there is a good reason but it would seem like a glaring error to me. For example where would you list articles on aviation. It could go under sports but that doesn't really fit.
Also, I understand from a previous posting that I read that it is possible to list an article under two categories which seems like a very appropriate thing to do in some cases. It doesn't seem obvious how to do this. Do you need to submit the article twice? I would think that that could create additional problems.
Thanks
The Flying Vegan
Ed

Re: Suggestions for New Category Headings

Post by Ed »

Because second categories must be added manually, this does not really occur anymore.

The category structure will be undergoing renovations in the near future, so we ask authors to choose the best one for the article. Most customers will find articles via search, but an article on aviation could go under the cat "transportation" or "general." Other hobbies might fit better under "crafts," "lifestyles," "entertainment," or "education."

And you are right - articles may not be submitted twice.

Thanks,
Ed