Why cant I find my name or articles in the search?

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

shiofuki7

Why cant I find my name or articles in the search?

Post by shiofuki7 »

Hi,
Newbie here....didnt realise you had to register for the forums as well as to be an author, so....had so many rejections because I thought I couldnt ask any questions in the forums. Anyway I wrote an article about a tourist destination in Europe, and it was accepted. However when I searched for it several weeks later I was unable to find it. There are no articles under that name (Rovinj). I used (Rovinj) as a keyword but it just doesnt search. Also my name is not listed down the right hand side with all the other authors. Is this a rotating list? Top sellers list? So many questions...thanks for any comments or hints....Im about to give up.
jak

Re: Why cant I find my name or articles in the search?

Post by jak »

Hi there. Welcome to CC. I'll have a go at answering your questions.

New authors don't automatically go onto the author list until they have a few sales. Once your name is there, it will stay. The search function doesn't work for author names, but just for article content.

If your article was submitted to a public request, it would not be showcased immediately, but if not purchased should revert to that after three days. This is a new feature on the site and may possibly be having some teething problems. When logged in as an author, have you tried clicking on My Profile? This always appears in the lefthand list and on some pages at the top as well. It will display all the articles you have had accepted for the site. If your article doesn't appear there it may have been sold. To check that, go to Licences for My Content. If you still can't find it anywhere, you'll need to email Support via the contact tab.