Percentages between CC and writer's

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

mikegagnon

Percentages between CC and writer's

Post by mikegagnon »

Personally I, and I imagine at least a few other writers out there, think that the split between CC and writer's is too high. I got $8.95 for an article that sold for $25 last week. I'd seriously like to ask CC to review and consider increasing the writer's share of the sales, I understand that they are the outlet, but the writer's are putting in a lot of hard work into material. A writer may only sell a few articles a month, but CC is getting a large chunk of the sales each and every day. Working towards at least a 50/50 split would be progress.
Ed

Re: Percentages between CC and writer's

Post by Ed »

Constant Content takes 35%.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

A $25 sale should net you $16.25. If you only received $9.95, something must've gone awry.

It helps to price your articles with the percentage in mind. Before posting the article, think about what you want to earn. If you want $25 in your bank account, then you'll need to submit the article at about $39. When it sells, you'll get the full amount that you pre-determined from the beginning.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Just to follow up one what Ed said the way things are setup for each article you sell the original author gets 65% if the author was referred to Constant-Content by another author then they get 5% and then Constant-Content.com takes the 30% (or 35%) that is left over. So for a $25 article you should have been credited $16.25 for that article. Can you send the details of the situation (your username and article title) to support@constant-content.com so that we can clarify the situation?

Thanks,
-jrichards
mikegagnon

Post by mikegagnon »

Thanks for all the input. I've been a member for a long time, but have been away from CC for awhile, so I was surprised at the rate recently and figured things must have changed in my absence. Much appreciated. I will contact support.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi
Just for the record I DON'T think CC's percentage is too high. I factor in the time I don't have to spend writing submission letters, cover letters and basically marketing my own writing. All I have to do is submit the article and CC's excellent marketing sees customers come in droves to buy articles. CC also protects us authors from shonky customers who don't pay, and stands up for us legally, as was seen from the recent case of theft and how quickly CC responded and jumped onto the culprits and used legal might (and right) to protect authors. Individual authors would have had less chance of getting the articles removed, as CC achieved collectively for us all.

CC does a great job. I still earn enough money to ensure it is worthwhile to keep submitting to CC, and I get to enjoy the advice, help, and support of a collective group of writers and a site that protects both customers and writers. It is worth giving CC a cut of 30 - 35% for that peace of mind and the time saving in not marketing my own work. It also gives me access to customers all over the world, not just Australia where I live.

I am sure the payment you specifically mentioned was an error, not the normal, and will be sorted out directly by support once you email the details through. I believe 65% is a fair cut for the authors - more than half and gives credit to the authors for writing the work.

Anyway, that's my opinion about the cut CC takes.

Hayley
mikegagnon

Post by mikegagnon »

Hayley,

No argument here now that I know that they are taking 35% and not the 66% i thought they were taking due to the error. Thanks for your opinions.