Please Post Your Technical Problems Here

Keep Involved in Planning Changes to the Site. Have your Voice Count.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

BarryDavidson

Re: Please Post Your Technical Problems Here

Post by BarryDavidson »

You can re-upload the article by clicking edit, and looking to the bottom of the page while it's still under review.

As for the time it's taking to review the articles, Ed is AFK for a few days. At least I think so. But, he still has to catch up even if he is back.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yeah, it looks like you can no longer remove and reupload - just reupload it which puts the article back in the review queue. It looks as if this change accomplishes the same thing, just with fewer steps on our part.
solo

Post by solo »

I've had an article rejected with the message 'Please place your article in a topical subcategory upon submission' (its on presents for senior citizens, so I posted it under 'holidays/Christmas'). I'm wondering whether the rejection is because the category itself isnt suitable or because I haven't filled in the box 'Recommended subcategory' - I have tried, but the page won't let me add text here. Can someone please advise?
Ed

Post by Ed »

Your article appeared submitted under the general cat "articles." Unfortunately, when this happens, the article won't appear in search, and that's why I reject. It's more of a reminder to make sure the article is placed in a subcategory than it is a rejection. I get many articles every day that aren't submitted under a subcat and don't have time to manually place them.

It's best to check that your article appears submitted in the appropriate subcategory immediately after you send it off for review. If it doesn't, you haven't lost as much time by going back and making sure your submission has gone through properly if you have to delete and immediately resubmit.

Support has talked about forcing a category to be chosen by the author upon submission. This should help everyone out.

Thanks,
Ed
solo

Post by solo »

Hello, sorry to report another baffling problem. I have an article listed as 'waiting'. I haven't had a price offer on it, so who is waiting for what, I wonder?
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Waiting usually means that someone has bought it, but the transaction hasn't finished yet. Just like when you use your debit/Visa card. It's takes a while for the bank to transfer the money.
HayleyWriter

Post by HayleyWriter »

Hi Solo,

If the article sits in waiting a long time, send a note to support. I had this issue too, with a customer putting an article in their shopping cart but not actually going through with the purchase.The trouble with the waiting category is that no-one else can purchase the article.

After two weeks, I sent a note to support. Support was able to put my article back in the system and someone else bought it the next day!
Kind regards,

Hayley
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

Is there any word on not being able to scroll down the featured articles feature, or change them?

I'd like to change mine, especially since many of them have already sold.
Ed

Post by Ed »

I think this feature is on hold while other functions are being upgraded/improved. I know of one improvement in the works that will be a great benefit to everyone.
Celeste Stewart

How long are you gonna keep us in suspense? Any hints? It's Christmas after all. :)
Ed

Post by Ed »

I don't have any specific dates, but I'm under the impression that the new request system project is being wrapped up. It's been in the works for ages, and a lot of thought has been put into creating workable solutions to some fundamental problems. Are you excited? I am.
Celeste Stewart

Yay!
jak

Post by jak »

This is not something that worries me over much, but I thought the powers that be ought to know. I've not been receiving any information about sales, not in emails or in my message box. Last year I received them, but not in 2009. Other messages, from customers or about public requests seem to be coming through both ways.
BethFields

Post by BethFields »

jak, I'm having the same problem. I'm getting notices in email and message box for requests, but none for sales.
jrichards

Post by jrichards »

Thanks for the heads up! I'll look into it and see if we can pin down what the problem might be!

-jrichards