Using real name or alias

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

amelia

Using real name or alias

Post by amelia »

I am new to this web site. I notice that some writers use their real names and many others use a different name. I'm a little concerned about providing too much information about myself on the Internet where everyone and anyone can find out about you. I'd like your opinions about using your real name or an alias. Thanks a lot!

amelia
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

I'll let the other writers chime in here, but I will say most writers WANT to be known. They want their names on all of the articles they right. If they are proud of the work they do this would be the case.

As for the site, the only information we give out to other people is your Penname. So do not be worried about Constant Content giving any of your information out to other people.
amelia

Post by amelia »

constant wrote:I'll let the other writers chime in here, but I will say most writers WANT to be known. They want their names on all of the articles they right. If they are proud of the work they do this would be the case.

As for the site, the only information we give out to other people is your Penname. So do not be worried about Constant Content giving any of your information out to other people.
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.
Katie-Anne

Real Name or Not

Post by Katie-Anne »

I use my real name. I don't usually use all of my real name, but it appears at the bottom of my articles. Occasionally I do just work under "Katie-Anne" though - usually because I forgot to add the rest! :lol:

Katie-Anne
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

I also use my real name. Just makes life easier at the end of the day.
KatYares

Re: Using real name or alias

Post by KatYares »

amelia wrote:I am new to this web site. I notice that some writers use their real names and many others use a different name. I'm a little concerned about providing too much information about myself on the Internet where everyone and anyone can find out about you. I'd like your opinions about using your real name or an alias. Thanks a lot!

amelia
Amelia

I use my real name for just about all the writing I do - online or off. The only exception to this is my eBay screen name and some of my erotic fiction . That's only for fun and I'm not looking to make it my career.

My goal as a writer is to build a name that editors will recognize. And since my name is not overly common, hopefully it will be remembered.

Others here do things differently. We all have our own agenda and goals. The commonality is that we are all writers and secretly we all love to see our name in print - no matter if it's a pen name or real.

Best
Kat
Katie-Anne

Kat?

Post by Katie-Anne »

Agenda? We're s'pposed to have an agenda? Sigh! Nobody tells me nuffin! :lol:

Katie-Anne
Eliza Ferree

Post by Eliza Ferree »

I use my real name and email name. elizajane202 just because it's simple and something I'm always typing in. As for afraid of others finding it? Nope, not me, maybe they'll ask me to write something. :) Hey, I writer can dream can't she?
TemlynWriting

Post by TemlynWriting »

I use a pen name for most of my writing. Maybe one day when I break into major markets I'll use my full name, but for now, my pen name works. :)