regular sale vs exclusive...

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Sheryl Nantus

regular sale vs exclusive...

Post by Sheryl Nantus »

just a quickie here - if an article has been sold as a regular, shouldn't the exclusive option be taken out? After all, why would I purchase exclusive rights after I know someone's already bought the article and placed it up on their site? They can't be forced to take it down and leave the exclusive rights with the other client...
Katie-Anne

Exclusively Yours! ROFL

Post by Katie-Anne »

I think that this has come up before Sheryl, and I'm sure Chris said that it was up to the buyer! They can tell if it's been downloaded previously and so know that if there's 5 downloads been made on the license then 5 other publications can run the article.

However, I think Chris also said that there are publications who possibly wont mind that, as long as no-one else gets it after them. I can see the logic in this.

With my work, if something sells on regular license I remove any exclusive option that may be remaining. But that's just me, not the rules.....I don't think!

Again, I'm sure Chris will bounce on me if I'm wrong.

Katie-Anne
Sheryl Nantus

Post by Sheryl Nantus »

I'd probably feel more comfortable removing the exclusive option as well - just in case the client doesn't notice that it's been downloaded already.

It's the accomodating Canuck in me.

:lol:

thanks!
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Katie-Anne couldn't have said it better.... I could see many people wanting a unique purchase even after a usage license was bought. Think of it like website templates:

http://www.i-templates.com

Many of the same designs are sold more then once, but if you really like the design and you could remove the design for good and only one other person has it.... Why not.[/url]