Question for Chris

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

PJEwriter

Question for Chris

Post by PJEwriter »

Some of us were discussing on a different forum the option of taking previously published articles from Associated Content and submitted them to CC for regular usage. Someone mentioned that you're ok with this, so the next question is, what is the policy for doing the opposite: taking previously bought (one time use) articles from CC and submitting them to AC?

Clear as mud?

Paulla
Katie-Anne

Taking articles from Here

Post by Katie-Anne »

Hi,

I don't believe there's a problem with this from CC as we are free to remove our articles at any time. It could be that AC has a problem with it however if they want previously unpublished work only. I don't know their rules - there were a couple of things that made me say "nope, don't think so" - even before I saw they, like Write for Cash, only like American writers residing in America. If your work has been bought here under exclusive license then you can't resell it without a major rewrite of same material from different angle, or if it has sold here under regular license you can't give to anywhere who only wants unpublished work. So you need to check AC rules carefully. If they don't care, then I don't think you have a problem.

As to whether it's published if it hasn't been bought - I'm not sure. I think it would depend how much of it you have on view in your preview area. I usually assume that unpublished means unviewed, and so you would have to make the decision as to whether you think enough of your article is unviewed enough to qualify for "previously unpublished" status.

That's my two kronor anyways, Chris will no doubt tell me if I'm wrong! :D

Katie-Anne
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

You can sell other articles here and other places as long as you don't allow a unique purchase. People purchasing a unique purchase expect to be the only people that have right to that content. As for other sites, I can't help with that question.

Also PLEASE do not remove any articles that have been purchased (even regular).
PJEwriter

Post by PJEwriter »

Ok, sorry for seeming dense, but are you saying that even though we can't remove articles that have been sold for usage, we can sell them elsewhere?

Is that allowed?

Paulla
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Yes... you can sell else where if your only selling usage licenses.
Carrie

Re: Taking articles from Here

Post by Carrie »

Katie-Anne wrote:I saw they, like Write for Cash, only like American writers residing in America.
Not to get too off topic here, but what's up with that policy? It doesn't affect the site owners/managers at all tax-wise, so why would it be a problem to allow those of us not from the US to contribute?
Katie-Anne

WFC - and AC - And Non-Americans

Post by Katie-Anne »

I'm not sure Carrie. For AC I couldn't care less because I think CC is offering a better deal for writers. WFC however is a bit weird. Writing is one of the true global professions. As long as you write coherently in the language of the country you're writing for, it doesn't usually make a difference what nationality you are or where you live. I must admit that I feel very frustrated when WFC advertise they need more staff, but don't change the rules.

From what I understand it, one of these actually states you must even be resident in the US, now there's a lot of expat Americans around the world for one reason or another, so even they aren't eligible to write for whichever site either. Weird I tell ya, WEIRD!

As my hubby tells me when I've got upset about WFC - their loss!

Katie-Anne
Eliza Ferree

Post by Eliza Ferree »

Awww, your hubby is so sweet. He's right. :)
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

Your hubby is definitely right Katie-Anne - their loss!

From what I understand, WFC used to welcome writers from other countries but they changed their policies a while back. I'd love to know why.
Katie-Anne

WFC International Writers

Post by Katie-Anne »

Really Carrie? It must have been a brief interlude because going back 4-5 years I can't recall them ever accepting us. Of course, during that time I've had two babes and so not writing much never mind writing for publication, so like I said they could have had a trial or something when my back was turned! ROFL Typical!

Katie-Anne
malward

Post by malward »

Katie,

Yes, I wrote hundreds of articles for Write for Cash back in 2000/2001. I was very disappointed when I found out they were only accepting writers from the US. I did very well there. I really don't understand it. :(
KatYares

Post by KatYares »

Maybe it has something to do with the exchange rates to foreign countries. That's all I can think it could possibly be.

Of course, it might be something to do with the IRS.

It does seem strange tho.

Best
Kat
Katie-Anne

WFC

Post by Katie-Anne »

Nope Kat there's something else. I get paid in dollars (which reminds me, could y'all do something with your economy, the exchange rate is killing me - used to get 10 swedish kronor for every dollar, now I only get 7, that's a big drop!) and non-US people are responsible for their own taxes in other places. WFC is the only place, except that new article place, who have this policy. It's wierd I tell ya, Wierd! ROFL

Katie-Anne
KatYares

Post by KatYares »

Katie-Anne

Trust me I did everything I could to do something about our economy last November. Unfortunely I failed (along with millions of other Americans) in my efforts. :)

What new article place?????????

Kat
Katie-Anne

Kat

Post by Katie-Anne »

Associated Content - the one that started this thread! ROFL

Katie-Anne