Writer Pool Sales

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Melissaf

Writer Pool Sales

Post by Melissaf »

I am relatively new to the writer pools, but was recently added to a team that had a lot of contact. I claimed quite a few, posted them and they were purchased a couple days later, so I was confident in picking up more when they were posted. I picked up some more, submitted them, and have not even had them viewed in almost 12 days. I have read on the forums that a lot of people have said they have items sit awhile before they are purchased. I guess my question is now that it has been past the seven days, will it go on the open content marketing, or does it still get held because it hasn't yet been viewed?
Lysis

Re: Writer Pool Sales

Post by Lysis »

Until they have some kind of escrow system in place, I really think writers should avoid these pools. Maybe do a few so you don't lose out on too much time and money, but I definitely wouldn't make a full time effort on them.

They should go into the open marketplace, but remember if they are brand specific then it's likely they are not good for the open market.
LMasterson

Re: Writer Pool Sales

Post by LMasterson »

It's common for some clients to order large batches of articles with tight 4 day deadlines. If you pick them up and strive to get them completed on time, you'll often find some clients will subsequently ignore whatever you've submitted for 2-3 weeks before buying them all in one big batch.

It's annoying (mostly because there are other clients who pay on completion outside of CC you could have been working for instead during that 4 day rush to meet deadlines set here), but it's quite common for some of the regular clients ordering through the writer pools to leave things sitting there unviewed until they decide to buy them. Sometimes I wonder why the clients don't set a 7 or 14 day deadline for when they *really* want the articles. That would allow writers to organize their schedules far more accurately and know their cash flow won't be affected by working for clients who won't bother to purchase them for weeks after.

After a while you get to know which clients are more likely to leave you hanging on sales so you don't count on that money coming in right away. With some of the others, if they ignore submissions for more than 2 weeks, I'll pull the article, reslant it for a general audience, raise the price to more realistic levels and put it back out on the open marketplace.