Anyone else experiencing this glitch?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Dryan

Anyone else experiencing this glitch?

Post by Dryan »

Okay guys, I need to know if anyone else is having problems with article statuses. A while back, a customer got in touch with me to manually make me an offer on one of my articles, and at that point I found out that CC had disabled the Best Offer feature as of the end of 2016, despite the fact we all still check a Best Offer box when submitting articles (or so CC support told me). Here's the question: right now, I have 3 articles that have changed status in the past two weeks from "view" to "waiting," as they used to do back when the Best Offer system was working and someone made an offer. I've checked my offers, nothing shows. I asked CC support and they haven't gotten back to me yet. Worst part is that when you view the sales page for these articles, there isn't even an option to buy at full price, meaning that these articles are dead in the water until I figure out what's going on. Anyone else having this sort of issue or have any idea what it might be?
Lysis

Re: Anyone else experiencing this glitch?

Post by Lysis »

"waiting" also means the article is in someone's shopping cart
bridger

Re: Anyone else experiencing this glitch?

Post by bridger »

Yes, I just noticed this happening on mine, too. I never use Best Offer, though, so it's probably not related to that. Never ran into this particular glitch before this month.

Lysis' explanation seems most likely although there must be something else going on, or it seems like this would have been a regular occurrence instead of suddenly surfacing for both of us right now.