Non-pool, non-request, waiting status?

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

bridger

Non-pool, non-request, waiting status?

Post by bridger »

So I pulled up my article list today and saw that a few recently submitted pieces, which had already been reviewed and approved a couple weeks ago, are now listed as being in "Waiting" status.

I had thought that was only for pieces that were submitted to a specific request, while the requester had the option of buying or passing? Is there another way or reason that these ended up that way, or is it some kind of glitch or procedural matter I'm not aware of?

AFAIK, they aren't available for purchase while in that status so I'd like to get them out of it. I'm aware of the delete/resubmit workaround, but considering how long review times have been I don't want to do that if there is some particular reason this is happening and they might just get stuck waiting again.

Any insights?
Lysis

Re: Non-pool, non-request, waiting status?

Post by Lysis »

You can email them. I know your frustration on that one. I usually just leave it until it suddenly gets taken out. I would give it a couple weeks though.
bridger

Post by bridger »

I could email them. But we both know how that usually goes. :roll:

But my question was more about how they got in that status in the first place if they hadn't been for a request. I see someone else just posted about the same problem so apparently it's not just me... and in your reply there you mentioned something about articles in shopping carts being marked "waiting" too? I hadn't known about that and had never seen it before. Is that something new? Or am I just getting DOSed by someone whose eyes are bigger than their wallet?
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Waiting status occurs when customers put content in their shopping carts but don't follow through with the purchase right away. I doubt it's a glitch, because It has been happening for years. If you are lucky, you'll get a sale!
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

...and if you're not lucky, you'll have to go down the delete/resubmit route, and then get in a tussle with an editor who objects to loads of stuff the previous editor was happy with :shock:
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Gauderbock wrote:...and if you're not lucky, you'll have to go down the delete/resubmit route, and then get in a tussle with an editor who objects to loads of stuff the previous editor was happy with :shock:
So true......