Article Submission Form Query

Not an author yet? Have questions? Post here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

cherylannej

Article Submission Form Query

Post by cherylannej »

Hello, all.

I have just come back after six years' absence and wondered if you could help me understand:

When preparing my article for submission must I specify (using the drop-downs) 12-point font and which font to use, or will the default font of the submission box satisfy these needs automatically? I'm assuming that the instruction to select font name and size applied before the content-editing box was introduced--but I could be wrong.

I have used the 'remove formatting' option to ensure no odd formatting makes it into the copy, also have pre-copied my article into text format before carrying it across, again to ensure no odd formatting is carried over from MS Word.

It seems odd to have to specify a font size and font name by using drop-downs when a content-editing box should be able to just put it into whatever the site requires, and I am unclear whether my specification of font size and font name may actually be introducing new glitches instead of producing clean copy. I see other writers asked similar queries but they never revisited to state what worked for them in the end!

Even when I select 12-point Times New Roman (as an example) the content box isn't reflecting these selections. Goodness knows what appears at the editors' end, ha. I'd feel a lot happier to just drop plain text into the box and not mess around further with it, for fear of introducing new glitches.

Thanks, all.

Annie.
Gauderbock

Re: Article Submission Form Query

Post by Gauderbock »

I just copy and paste direct from my word processing software (OfficeSuite on Android or Libre Office on Linux), never changed anything on the editor, never had any problems. I'd assume the same goes for MS Word...
cherylannej

Re: Article Submission Form Query

Post by cherylannej »

Oh, thanks Gauderbock! That's great to know, and massive thank you for replying as I see many posts get no responses. I appreciate it. : )